Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-19-2019, 06:38 PM   #21
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Haven't seen a thread on the following evolution yet so I thought informing the members here.

As of a couple of days ago, SSC is no longer providing replacement parts for P1 pieces, be them just released or a couple of months old. Furthermore, the partial refunds have been reduced to 20-50$. A friend of mine had 2 of the 3 spikes on one of Hush Batman's gloves broken off and could choose between sending the piece back and 20$.

A collector reached out to P1, hoping they would help him out directly, but they basically told him to sodd of if he hadn't bought directly.

As such a new low in the SSC-P1 debacle has been reached, now also screwing over collectors who just want to enjoy their pieces...
I'm a huge fan of Prime 1 but the increasing posts about replacement problems is a concern for me. A BIG concern. $1K anything is a luxury piece.

Price increases, manufacturer and distributor issues, higher shipping costs, low resale return value, yeah.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:48 PM   #22
DMSlayer
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars View Post
So is this true or just a rumour, if it's just a rumour well then what I'm saying below is not really of any importance but if it's going to become fact and Sideshow are not going honour their existing P1 orders that customers have placed with them... as far as I'm concerned Sideshow can go and stick it! I've been loyal to them all this time but if they're not going to be loyal to their customers it just goes to show they don't really care! And what compounds this and makes it worse is that also locally here Popcultcha get their P1 from Sideshow so it's going to impact not just in America but across the world. As Popcultcha has no longer being putting P1 stuff up as well since this began.

Plus I commented about the direction Sideshow is going, in other words DOWN more than a year ago and I was given a violin Image from a forum member here who happens to be also a moderator implying that he's heard it so many times and it's just a load of BS.
Your Problem is with Prime 1, Not Sideshow. The only thing Sideshow can effectively do in this situation is offer a full refund. They can not Manufacture Replacement parts.. and if Prime 1 is not cooperating with SS for Replacement Parts end of it, SS is in the same boat as the customer ...

Prime 1 is fully responsible for honoring their statues no matter if they are sold through a vendor such as SS which they directly worked with to begin with.
DMSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:53 PM   #23
DMSlayer
Fantastic Four

To note: Every discussion on Prime 1 issues statues ordered through SS, SS has nearly been jumping to give a full refund for the statue.. I think they have about had it with Prime 1 internally...

Prime 1 has had no Statement on the Debacle on the shipment of the bersker armor guts being wet ... This is a packaging issue they created.

Now images are surfacing they are snubbing people from just getting replacements from their own product.

I have 3 statues on Pre Order ... I am not ordering anything more from them unless these come intact and peoples issues are getting resolved. I am still timid about the ones I have on order.
DMSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:46 PM   #24
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMSlayer View Post
Your Problem is with Prime 1, Not Sideshow. The only thing Sideshow can effectively do in this situation is offer a full refund. They can not Manufacture Replacement parts.. and if Prime 1 is not cooperating with SS for Replacement Parts end of it, SS is in the same boat as the customer ...

Prime 1 is fully responsible for honoring their statues no matter if they are sold through a vendor such as SS which they directly worked with to begin with.
You’re both right and possibly wrong at the same time. While they are fully responsible regarding their pieces etc, they’re not wrong in asking for any collectors to go through Sideshow or their retailer for rectification.

Heck Sideshow does exactly the same thing. As I buy plenty of regulars locally, I know that Sideshow can sometimes be as delayed as Prime 1 when it comes to replacement parts (though I’ve never had a fitment issue yet, whereas I have with Prime 1). It’s just that a lot of people here may not be aware as most buy their Exclusives directly through Sideshow. And I’m guessing the resale partners are at the end of their list of priorities as they probably make the least on us. Which I’m guessing is exactly the same situation as it is with Prime 1.

With Sideshow pieces it has on a couple of times (probably more) taken 6 months or so before I get a replacement (if I do get one that is), as for whatever reason it takes slow back and forth communication through my retailer and Sideshow. Things fall through the cracks etc, on both sides. And then once approved it’s put on a slow boat to Australia on whichever ‘next’ boat shipment they feel like. And then for my retailer to process (and remember) to ship the piece out to me.

Sometimes I think all manufacturers/retailers just hope that I’ll just forget about it and move on. Which I’m sad to admit I’ve done on more than one occasion, across different manufacturers.

At the end of the day, we don’t know exactly what soured the relationship between the two. It’s been rumoured it wasn’t the replacement parts, but of how Prime 1 has been skirting their license restrictions. And they have now washed their hands of the whole thing. And maybe the replacement parts was an ongoing issue, but I’m thinking other problems may have been the final nail in the coffin.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:46 PM   #25
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMSlayer View Post
To note: Every discussion on Prime 1 issues statues ordered through SS, SS has nearly been jumping to give a full refund for the statue.. I think they have about had it with Prime 1 internally...

Prime 1 has had no Statement on the Debacle on the shipment of the bersker armor guts being wet ... This is a packaging issue they created.

Now images are surfacing they are snubbing people from just getting replacements from their own product.

I have 3 statues on Pre Order ... I am not ordering anything more from them unless these come intact and peoples issues are getting resolved. I am still timid about the ones I have on order.
This is not good PR for Prime 1. Awesome masterpieces as long as you don't have any issues. I would agree that Sideshow has always stepped up on their products at the very least offering a full refund. Prime 1 will lose some customer confidence even with cheaper shipping that takes half a year to get to you by strapping it to the back of elephants, camels, and dolphins just to cross the narrow sea. Last mile on the back of schools of pigeons and bald eagles. Boxes so big you can't even Uber deliver. Yeah.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:50 PM   #26
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
This is not good PR for Prime 1. Awesome masterpieces as long as you don't have any issues. I would agree that Sideshow has always stepped up on their products at the very least offering a full refund. Prime 1 will lose some customer confidence even with cheaper shipping that takes half a year to get to you by strapping it to the back of elephants, camels, and dolphins just to cross the narrow sea. Last mile on the back of schools of pigeons and bald eagles. Boxes so big you can't even Uber deliver. Yeah.
Unfortunately with the cheaper shipping option, those in the US are going to essentially be treated like some of us who buy regulars locally, when it comes to shipment times etc.

And does anyone know if/how Prime 1 deals with full refunds if appropriate.

And the other thing most people may or may not know is that Sideshow’s policy of satisfaction guaranteed etc for full refunds isn’t exactly a legal right, especially worldwide. Heck here in Australia it’s a bit of a sticky issue with these type of products if it isn’t a truly damaged piece, where upon it’s up to each retailer to decide whether the paint app ‘defect’ is worth the return etc. I always felt Sideshow’s change of mind policy that they have is truly amazing and something that is quite rare.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:15 PM   #27
Maldis
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I don't agree with a lot of Sideshow's recent pricing and design decisions but their customer support has always treated me well. It does seem like it is taking them longer to resolve issues but they really do seem to care about making things right.

With P1 I have ordered and recieved 3 pieces directly from them. All have arrived with no issues. However, their transparency on where your order stands, etc could still use some work. Prime 1 may also be growing too fast. Lots of new pieces are constantly being announced. They are doing amazing work and the value is there for their prices.

However, I worry about them expanding too fast and collapsing. As a fan of both Sideshow and Prime 1, I hope they work things out.
Maldis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:16 PM   #28
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldis View Post
I don't agree with a lot of Sideshow's recent pricing and design decisions but their customer support has always treated me well. It does seem like it is taking them longer to resolve issues but they really do seem to care about making things right.

With P1 I have ordered and recieved 3 pieces directly from them. All have arrived with no issues. However, their transparency on where your order stands, etc could still use some work. Prime 1 may also be growing too fast. Lots of new pieces are constantly being announced. They are doing amazing work and the value is there for their prices.

However, I worry about them expanding too fast and collapsing. As a fan of both Sideshow and Prime 1, I hope they work things out.
I concur with pretty much everything you wrote.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:30 PM   #29
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Haven't seen a thread on the following evolution yet so I thought informing the members here.

As of a couple of days ago, SSC is no longer providing replacement parts for P1 pieces, be them just released or a couple of months old. Furthermore, the partial refunds have been reduced to 20-50$. A friend of mine had 2 of the 3 spikes on one of Hush Batman's gloves broken off and could choose between sending the piece back and 20$.

A collector reached out to P1, hoping they would help him out directly, but they basically told him to sodd of if he hadn't bought directly.

As such a new low in the SSC-P1 debacle has been reached, now also screwing over collectors who just want to enjoy their pieces...

Very disappointing to say the least. I might have to send my venom ex back and just get a regular if this is true.
And have another $1k in rewards points I wanted to buy Superman 1/3 I’m on the waitlist for,

Guess they won’t be converting any waitlist then if this is true:
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:49 PM   #30
Biggunz
Loki

Dude. What’s going on with this economy shipping. Prime 1 is charging me $60 to ship 1/3 super man. With custom fees.....!!!!!
Is this correct ?????
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote