Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-09-2013, 03:35 AM   #15151
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

I spit on your grave 2..... The original was a nasty bit of work, this is a steaming dog turd of a movie. 1/10

Frankensteins Army....6/10
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:09 AM   #15152
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Robocop 5.5/10

Where to start. The ludicrous attempt by the medical team to try and save Murphy even though he had his brains blown out. Then the even more stupid idea of incorporating what was left of his corpse into a robot. What's more ludicrous is the money wasted remaking this rubbish.

I'll give props for the visual effects for the time and the Robocop design and Kurtwood Smith as the over the top bad guy. Otherwise the acting or lack of it is breath taking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I agree, very overrated movie. the part about his taking a point blank bullet to the head and yet an ambulance arrives way later and he's still alive on the operating table not to mention the fact that he knew his partner for all over 3 hours then we're supposed to buy into their supposed bond later.

I enjoy part 2 a lot more, it had a lot more fun with itself where the first is a ludicrous movie that tries to take itself way too serious...plus Robo-Cain is friggin amazing where as Ed is a damn walking dumpster
Boo and hiss to both of you

The Iceman: 8/10 - I really enjoyed this (in as much as you can enjoy the true story of a hitman / serial killer). Very freaky stuff and Chris Evans is almost un-recognisable as Mr. Frosty.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:25 AM   #15153
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Not a fan of Avengers and liked IM3.
Yeah, is that really so weird? Avengers was incredibly over hyped which is always a good way to ruin a film. IM3 on the other hand I personally hadn't heard much about. I did say it wasn't brilliant, just enjoyable. I would put the Avengers in the same category, just a little lower due to Captain Americas presence and the way they changed everything to make the film work...(No spoilers but I'm looking at you hulk)
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:52 AM   #15154
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
Kick ass 2. 5/10
The naked prey 4/10. A 1960 movie and I am sure in its day it was great. Not now tho lol
Sorry, man. Feel this is my fault. I liked this film & hopefully, you saw why I compared it to Apokolypto.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:57 AM   #15155
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Robocop 5.5/10

Where to start. The ludicrous attempt by the medical team to try and save Murphy even though he had his brains blown out. Then the even more stupid idea of incorporating what was left of his corpse into a robot. What's more ludicrous is the money wasted remaking this rubbish.

I'll give props for the visual effects for the time and the Robocop design and Kurtwood Smith as the over the top bad guy. Otherwise the acting or lack of it is breath taking.
Yeah, because it's perfectly logical when they stick a 6 inch needle in their brain without getting hurt or when they rebuild their muscles from the scratch in a day or two in the Matrix. There is a reason why science fiction has fiction in its name.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #15156
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
Yeah, because it's perfectly logical when they stick a 6 inch needle in their brain without getting hurt or when they rebuild their muscles from the scratch in a day or two in the Matrix. There is a reason why science fiction has fiction in its name.
There is good sci-fi and there is Robocop.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #15157
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Someones been on the Guinness
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #15158
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
One in the same, in my opinion.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #15159
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Yeah, is that really so weird? Avengers was incredibly over hyped which is always a good way to ruin a film. IM3 on the other hand I personally hadn't heard much about. I did say it wasn't brilliant, just enjoyable. I would put the Avengers in the same category, just a little lower due to Captain Americas presence and the way they changed everything to make the film work...(No spoilers but I'm looking at you hulk)
Seems to me you're rating the films based purely on how much hype you absorbed prior to viewing them..... and nothing more.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #15160
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Seems to me you're rating the films based purely on how much hype you absorbed prior to viewing them..... and nothing more.
Not really, although clearly if a film is over hyped it won't help its cause, Avatar is probably the best example of that. I gave other reasons, Avengers just wasn't a great film imo, I didn't hate it but I can't really go into detail why on a non spoiler thread. Iron man 3, while also not the best film ever made was pretty enjoyable. I didn't realise me preferring the later would cause so much hassle lol, forget I mentioned anything.....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote