Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-05-2016, 06:31 PM   #61
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
in the original westworld movie westworld was just one of 3 theme parks, there was west world, roman world and medieval world

im assuming the samurai thing and SW could be samurai world, maybe something they are planning for season 2, that was my initial thought when I saw that part
Ah...that would be interesting. I doubt they'd focus solely on one park per season, but it'll be interesting to see where they go with it.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 12:32 PM   #62
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Best damn use of a Radiohead song, period.

That ending was perfect.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 02:42 PM   #63
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
in the original westworld movie westworld was just one of 3 theme parks, there was west world, roman world and medieval world

im assuming the samurai thing and SW could be samurai world, maybe something they are planning for season 2, that was my initial thought when I saw that part
George R.R. Martin offered to allow the creators to have a Game of Thrones world make a cameo appearance, but they turned it down. They didn't like the suggestion that the entire Game of Thrones series was fake and the dragons were androids too. http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/19...ones-crossover
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 02:44 PM   #64
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
The grin on The Man in Black's face when the hosts entered the clearing was priceless. This is just what he wanted, so he will hopefully be around for S2.
That was one of the best moments in the finale.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 07:02 PM   #65
MrYac
Hercules

so will all his years of practice let William be able to fight against robots that can fight back?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 12:44 AM   #66
Philintheblank

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
so will all his years of practice let William be able to fight against robots that can fight back?
Spoiler
I was wondering about that...I'm not sure why he'd want them to fight back. He got his ass handed to him when they did. I'm sure it goes deeper than just wanting some competition, though. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up fighting with them.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:11 AM   #67
MrYac
Hercules

that is kind of where the show loses me, there is pretty much no reason why the humans would be helping the bots, sure William has a personal connection to Dolores but why in the hell would Felix and Beard guy be up for it? especially when Beard guy took the bomb out of Mave's spine when she was clearly in no position to do anything to him, should've smashed her roboskull when she was out.

same with Ford, if he didn't want them to be mistreated he easily could've done something about it that didn't include the wholesale slaughter of a bunch of innocent vacationers.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:29 AM   #68
Philintheblank

Yeah...I'm with you on Felix and Beard guy...they could've taken care of it. I kept asking why they didn't...I could see Felix not...but beard guy was clearly not down for all that nonsense. I don't know...means to an end for the story. It's not a perfect show, but I'm willing to look past that stuff. Especially when so much of it is well written.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:52 AM   #69
MrYac
Hercules

yeah, I realize it's all "plot" and has to move along and I very much enjoyed the show...but still stuff like that bugs me.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:00 AM   #70
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
that is kind of where the show loses me, there is pretty much no reason why the humans would be helping the bots, sure William has a personal connection to Dolores but why in the hell would Felix and Beard guy be up for it? especially when Beard guy took the bomb out of Mave's spine when she was clearly in no position to do anything to him, should've smashed her roboskull when she was out.

same with Ford, if he didn't want them to be mistreated he easily could've done something about it that didn't include the wholesale slaughter of a bunch of innocent vacationers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Yeah...I'm with you on Felix and Beard guy...they could've taken care of it. I kept asking why they didn't...I could see Felix not...but beard guy was clearly not down for all that nonsense. I don't know...means to an end for the story. It's not a perfect show, but I'm willing to look past that stuff. Especially when so much of it is well written.
I agree, and I kept hoping that more detail would be provided on this... maybe emphasize that Felix is some misanthrope for whom Maeve is his only connection, or that they had a sexual relationship which made him her puppet. But then, Maeve's plotting was part of her programming, so I suppose she would have achieved her objective one way or the other.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote