Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 05-04-2007, 12:56 PM   #1
jimi311
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

360 or 360 elite?

I read all these reviews saying 360's constantly break and that the elite should solve many of these problems but I have also read that alot of the elites have the same parts as the 360's and that you may or may not get one with the old parts. Any ideas or info on this?
jimi311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:15 PM   #2
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

I've got an idea! Buy a regular 360...if microsoft is going to make you pay more cash for a xbox that doesn't break or have issues...then that's just wrong...I don't have issues with my xbox360 at all
CocoPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:44 PM   #3
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Apart from the harddisk and hdmi connection there is no difference in hardware. If you dont own a 360 yet the elite is the way to go, if you already own one then there's no real need to "upgrade".
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #4
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

I've had my 360 since the beginning, no probs
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:53 AM   #5
xreynoldsxcorex
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I've had mine since launch and for no reason I got the red ring. Mine was under warranty and I just replaced it at Best Buy for a new one and switched the harddrive so I could keep my data. I would have gotten the elite, but I would have had to pay full price and keep the busted one, then get the transfer cable to switch the data over. I don't know why they couldn't have HDMI at launch out of the box.
And now all of a sudden it's elite. Like it's some kind of rare special experince and I am a sucker if I don't give them another $500 to get a black box and replace all my white controllers with new exclusive black ones. What is that about! Jeez!
xreynoldsxcorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:52 AM   #6
Twoguns-Crowley
Shadowhawk

I have the old Xbox and have never filled the hard drive, I have never deleted anything off it so I don't think I need that 120 hard drive. I don't have a 360 but am ready to buy, the only sticking point is the HDMI which apparently combines several cables into one but without it you can still hook up the same way and get the same effect but with two cables, is this correct? If so, I will get the better 360 and elite go to someone else.
Twoguns-Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:33 AM   #7
kirthew
Zot

I have an elite... I saw it in Walmart, and picked it up... the HDMI and the bigger hard drive is why I picked it up.. that and you can sell your old 360 without hard drive for 200.00... seemed like a no brainer to me...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:41 PM   #8
Zoyvod
Death is hereditary.

I just picked up my second elite after the first one cooked a fan already. It sounded like a jet engine.
Zoyvod is offline   Reply With Quote