Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 05-10-2007, 12:01 PM   #1
k9ziggy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

360 drive problem

So I finally buy GH2 and take it home. Before I unpack it, I sit down to a little Doom 3. When I eject Doom, there's this God-awful grinding sound and the tray opens with the disc still spinning. Okay.......so I put GH2 in and.....unreadable disc. Same message for every game.

I've had the console for a whole 5 months. No doubt that the drive is shot, my question is has anybody else had this? Did you send it back to Microsoft or replace it yourself? Suggestions please?
k9ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:54 PM   #2
Mangus
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9ziggy View Post
So I finally buy GH2 and take it home. Before I unpack it, I sit down to a little Doom 3. When I eject Doom, there's this God-awful grinding sound and the tray opens with the disc still spinning. Okay.......so I put GH2 in and.....unreadable disc. Same message for every game.

I've had the console for a whole 5 months. No doubt that the drive is shot, my question is has anybody else had this? Did you send it back to Microsoft or replace it yourself? Suggestions please?
People have had those problems before( though few and far between ). IMO I would send it back to MS. When MS has to return new consoles for faulty ones they usually make sure the new one is built tough/better, or at least thats my understanding.

NOT saying you did.....but it helps to go to the dashboard before ejecting a game, this way it has a chance to stop spinning. In fact I think its recommended in the users manual?
Old 05-28-2007, 07:09 AM   #3
Razkiel
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

this is exactly the one that prevent me choosing X360 console no matter how good the games that they offered...
Razkiel is offline   Reply With Quote