Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-16-2006, 02:53 PM   #11
pmpknface
The InJustice League

I've reached "critical mass" a few times. I just get better shelving!

Storing the boxes is worse than finding room for displaying them...
pmpknface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 02:57 PM   #12
Parky
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Yes,

boxes are a problem, if it wasn't for the internal packaging I would of the done the Russian dolls approach.
Parky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:02 PM   #13
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

the boxes don't really bother me, it's that damn tissue paper!! the stuff gets on my last nerve
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:03 PM   #14
Parky
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daredevil
The solution is to give them t o fellow forum members starting myself

You gotta share the love and joy of collecting!!
not a chance DD
Parky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:22 PM   #15
jimi311
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

At first I had wall shelves from target. Then I built shelvingto go all around my room. Then I bought a curio cabinet. Now I may be putting the target wall shelves back up!

pics
jimi311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:33 PM   #16
Virsago
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I'm already there! I have room for only 2 mb or a FS. That will change when I sell a bunch of the busts and statues I don't want anymore.
Virsago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:21 PM   #17
Equinox24
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague
I'm pretty much there now, and that's one reason I'm probably going to start selling my MBs sometime this summer or something, and just focus on the FS stuff. I've come to realize that as cool as the MBs are, I really prefer the larger pieces, so that's what I'll go with. That will cut down on the collection hugely, by itself, which honestly, I need to do.

Display space is at a premium in my house--my office only holds so much, and I have two daughters (2 and 6) who I have to think about. They wouldn't break anything on purpose, of course, but stuff happens. Right now, most of my collection is packed away, and that seems like a shame, really. Someone should be enjoying these things.
That's exactly what I did. I have always preferred the full size to the MB's. Never could justify having 30% of the hero as opposed to the whole character, even with the cost difference. But I bought the busts anyway. They were nice, but combine them with all the full size and it was too much. I had all the early ones, but I put 'em on ebay and they went like wildfire. I still buy selected MB's, but always the full size. Problem is, before, I bought every full size whether I really liked the character or not. But I sold a lot of those too. It really helped. Now I only buy what I really like. And I'll tell you this, I don't regret it and that's the test, for me anyway. I had quite a few e-mails from statue/MB buyers saying they hoped I didn't regret selling the item. I don't, don't miss them at all. Only regret I have was when the MB's first came out, my LCS had more than one Hulk, Ant-man and Iron-man just sitting on the shelf, and sitting for quite some time. Just wish I would of pulled the trigger on them.
Equinox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:28 PM   #18
Eye of Agamotto
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I remember that too, just boxes and boxes of Hulk, Ant-man and Thor. Iron-man lasted for at least four or five months, I remember because I was holding off buying it in place of the modern version which I never did see for sale anywhere. Finally I just bought it.
Eye of Agamotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:35 PM   #19
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox24
That's exactly what I did. I have always preferred the full size to the MB's. Never could justify having 30% of the hero as opposed to the whole character, even with the cost difference. But I bought the busts anyway. They were nice, but combine them with all the full size and it was too much. I had all the early ones, but I put 'em on ebay and they went like wildfire. I still buy selected MB's, but always the full size. Problem is, before, I bought every full size whether I really liked the character or not. But I sold a lot of those too. It really helped. Now I only buy what I really like. And I'll tell you this, I don't regret it and that's the test, for me anyway. I had quite a few e-mails from statue/MB buyers saying they hoped I didn't regret selling the item. I don't, don't miss them at all. Only regret I have was when the MB's first came out, my LCS had more than one Hulk, Ant-man and Iron-man just sitting on the shelf, and sitting for quite some time. Just wish I would of pulled the trigger on them.
That's good to hear, man, because I still have pangs of "well, maybe I should just hold off on selling them for a while, in case I change my mind..." I have stopped buying new MBs for the most part, though I did just order the Tigra.

Speaking of Tigra, she's one of the main reasons that I'm holding off on selling these--not Tigra herself, but more minor characters like her that will probably never get the FS treatment. But yeah, I'll probably sell them all this summer, if not before. And that should fund my FS purchases for a while, at least!
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:42 PM   #20
Jack8022
Daredevil

I've just about hit it with the FSs. I've preordered Namor and Hawkeye so the way I see it, I have room for only two more FSs. I'm hoping for a Warbird and a either Spiderwoman or She-Hulk to fill those two slots. I've got plenty of room for MB's though.
Jack8022 is offline   Reply With Quote