Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-16-2006, 04:51 PM   #21
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I'm pretty much there, with about 50 fs statues and only a handful of busts. They're all in my basement which I've converted to a giant, multi room entertainment area (pool table, ping pong table, air hockey, foos ball, big screen tv with surround sound system...) and built built-in shelves for my statues. I have space I've allocated for my Dr. Strange and Sub-Mariner statue (one of them at the expense of my Black Widow fs which I'll have to figure out where to put...I don't like having a statue that's in storage) but, after that, I'm toast.

Probelm is, the Red Skull WILL be mine! No doubt, others as well. What to do...
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #22
jrussalesi
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Lack of space is why I have become very picky as to the full sizes I purchase. For example, I would rather have hawkeye than yet another spiderman full size. I also stay away from duplicate full sizes (ghost rider, silver surfer), I just pick the version I would like and buy it.
jrussalesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:10 PM   #23
Achiever
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I'm at critical mass with boxes. I've got empty and full boxes in big tubs in the closet. Lots of closet space is wasted doing it that way, but...

I don't have enough shelf space to display everything, but I kinda like it that way. What I have to do then is do a steady rotation of stuff every few months: dust things off, and put new stuff up, etc. It's time consuming, but it's fun (and a little scary) to go through all the busts and statues every few months to take inventory.
Achiever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:14 PM   #24
cyberpunk12
Shadowhawk

I know EXACTLY what you guys mean. These things take over after a while. I've already started paring down my collection as well. I'm wondering if I can make myself trim the collection down to no more than one bust/statue/figure of any particular character (with different costumes/identities being acceptable within reason).

That would be pretty tough. Keep the Thor bust or the statue? What about Cap? The Fantastic Four? The statues look great, but I just don't have room for all of them. I've thought about keeping the statues of the X-Men and Avengers characters, and surrounding them by the busts of their teammates... everything else goes up for sale.

I've never really dug through the Collection Pictures threads, but I'm sure someone else has done something similar. How do you guys think that would look?

CK- I hear you re: boxes. I've got to come up with a viable plan for storage which may mean storing them in a storage building behind the house. The thought makes me nervous for some reason. If any of you have any of the X-Plus Godzilla statues, you know how big some of those boxes are. I have three that almost need a closet by themselves. I just can't bring myself to throw them out
cyberpunk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:15 PM   #25
fossa

my cellar is full of full boxes
Old 02-16-2006, 05:33 PM   #26
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

I've got every closet jam packed with comic boxes,statues and busts.
My wife is ready to wring my neck because she has little or no room for her stuff.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:34 PM   #27
Tao
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Sell off doubles and really focus on what you like. Or in my case, put everything in storage 'cause you just found out your statue room is going to become a nursery.
Tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:48 PM   #28
TK-421
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao
Sell off doubles and really focus on what you like. Or in my case, put everything in storage 'cause you just found out your statue room is going to become a nursery.

Congrats! But there must be a way to compromise, maybe the baby could live with friends or family memebers?
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:49 PM   #29
Avenger
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
Congrats! But there must be a way to compromise, maybe the baby could live with friends or family memebers?
This is why you are only aloud dogs.
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:54 PM   #30
Tattoo-X

I have two villains coming, but no more room for them.
This weekend I'll be putting up another shelf and moving some busts around.
Later this year, I'll build two shelves to take the place of one right now.
So I can utilize the 10" of space on each side of the current shelf.

This pic shows some of my Villains, most of the variants/exclusives, and my alien/predator.