risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfinest View Post
Wow!!
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:40 PM   #12
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfinest View Post
thats way cool, but, imagine the ebay and paypal fees gonna get waxed on that auction!
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:46 PM   #13
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
thats way cool, but, imagine the ebay and paypal fees gonna get waxed on that auction!

If it goes for 2 million, the fees are probably in the 10% range... Wow.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:50 AM   #14
risingstar
Jedi Order

This week, I just sold Daredevil issues 253-329 plus a few crossover issues for $150. 84 books, all NM/MT. Both the client and I were pleased with that transaction. However, there was a time when I probably could have received triple that amount or more. That time has come and gone. The client wanted reading material. He got lots of it.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:35 AM   #15
protector2814
Phoenix

What do you guys think? ... Re-filing my 40+ long boxes () and am tring to put together at least 5 boxes of flotsam to sell at an upcoming garage sale.

Thinning the herd.

Should I ask .25 or .50 cents a comic? I'm hoping somebody just comes along & offers me a chunk of $ for 'em all. Seeing as how comics are $4-$5 a pop, is .50 to much to ask?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:14 AM   #16
bnmauney
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
What do you guys think? ... Re-filing my 40+ long boxes () and am tring to put together at least 5 boxes of flotsam to sell at an upcoming garage sale.

Thinning the herd.

Should I ask .25 or .50 cents a comic? I'm hoping somebody just comes along & offers me a chunk of $ for 'em all. Seeing as how comics are $4-$5 a pop, is .50 to much to ask?
I don't think so. About every other year I get a table at a local one day show and try to sell about 10 or so long boxes of $1.00 comics. I usually do pretty well. I'd think that $0.25 or $0.50 apiece would be appropriate for a garage sale.
bnmauney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:17 AM   #17
bnmauney
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'm actually in the process of putting together so stuff to get rid of. A lot of runs from the past 25-30 years. A few things that I'll try to sell individually. Probably a bunch of old variants. How long is the turnaround for CGC. I've never gone that route, but I'm thinking it may be worth considering.
bnmauney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:30 AM   #18
protector2814
Phoenix

I use CBCS to slab. So far, I've stockpiled 22 graded comics from them. After this Spring yard sale, I plan on getting serious about selling off the bulk of my collection & will use these slabbed books as little "shots-in-the-arm. If you don't opt for "Rush" grading, CBCS takes around 5 months to turn-around.

After I cull my 40+ boxes for this sale, I hopefully will be left w/ around 34 boxes of sellable books.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:39 AM   #19
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Good time to sell comics IMO. I talk to a lot of dealers at shows and they are moving well.

I have thought a lot about selling my mountain of comic boxes and this is what I am thinking about doing.

CGC – get the keys and high grade silver graded, you will have a bigger pool of potential buyers and they sell very well

Comic cons/shows – set up at a show. If you are looking to move a lot you might likely be a cheaper option than many of the guys doing it for a living as you can afford to sell a little cheaper. Bring the key stuff and put on the wall, have a bunch of $1 boxes

eBay – good for runs. I would do this after doing the 2 above as I think a good run would do better at a show

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:56 AM   #20
protector2814
Phoenix

I like the idea of a show, but the logistics just seem incredible. You'd have to really go through your collection, breaking it all down by price, then you'd have to load a van, create a peg-board display for your high-ends, carry it in, set up, then break down after. You just couldn't do one by yourself.

I was/am planning on just pulling one box at a time, giving the books a once-over for non-slabbed grading (which I'd under-grade just to be fare), then break the books in a box down into individual or runs, finally selling them on one of the 10 or so comic selling FB pages or ebay. Hitting the post office once, maybe twice a week for shipping. I do plan on undercutting my prices compared to what they're actually going for, just to have a better chance at selling.

Either way, an enormous p.i.a..