Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-28-2017, 09:27 PM   #1671
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
I'm quite happy with my 5x5 KALLAX cabinet solution
that looks really nice, i may copy you down the road..
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:15 PM   #1672
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

Anyone with Bestas use something else for shelf support besides what comes them?
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:24 AM   #1673
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormousthumbs View Post
Anyone with Bestas use something else for shelf support besides what comes them?
No, I don't, I just use the pins. The two heaviest pieces that I have on mine are my Armored Batman & Bane and I have had no problems. It kind of was a leap of faith at first but I figured if they didn't come crashing down after the first ten minutes then I'm good.
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:56 PM   #1674
Northcollector
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I have an XM Venom and Lizard in a Besta, so far so good lol, no extra support
Northcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:22 PM   #1675
Xeneoc
Doh!

I was thinking of just using something like this.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Seville-C...heels/24520568
Xeneoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:58 AM   #1676
AC_808
Hercules

That's definitely sturdy enough. But aesthetically, it just doesn't add anything to your display, IMO.

Maybe if you can dress up the shelve to improve its looks? ...Dunno.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:48 AM   #1677
Xeneoc
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
That's definitely sturdy enough. But aesthetically, it just doesn't add anything to your display, IMO.

Maybe if you can dress up the shelve to improve its looks? ...Dunno.
I'm thinking of doing something similar to what the Batman Statue Collector has until I can setup something more permanent.
Xeneoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 04:18 PM   #1678
zombiegalactus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

This is my warning to those who are thinking of ordering from Ikea online. Last month I see Ikea has a deal where shipping maxes out at $49. Since the closest Ikea to me is a 6 hour round trip I thought I'd finally cave and order online a pax to display some of my Statues. I spent about $600. This was March 8th. In the confirmation email it says delivery date is expected to be April 4th and I would get a call the day before to confirm. That's almost a month for delivery but I figure saves me the time of driving there and the gas money so not a big deal. March 19 I get an email saying my order is out for delivery but no update on the delivery date. April 4th I make sure I'm home all day just in case becasue I've heard no update when the shipping company calls me in the afternoon to set up a delivery the next day between 11 AM and 3 PM. I tell them I'll be at work but can be home by 315. They say that doesn't work and will try again next week. Whatever not a huge deal it's already been a month. April 9th morning they leave me a voicemail to deliver the next day between 4 PM and 8 PM. I call them back around noon leave a voicemail because nobody answers saying that again I'm working during the day and can't be home until 530 PM. If I'm not there they can leave it at the door. They leave me another voicemail saying it has to be signed for. I call them back around 5 PM and again no answer so leave a voicemail saying if I wasn't home in time my neighbor will sign for it. April 10 when I'm expecting it to be delivered I get an email saying my delivery date has changed to March 30. Now I'm annoyed. Unless they are time travelers that's not happening. I call Ikea and get transfered around and put on hold for a half hour to be told I need to contact the shipping company. I call the shipping company and actually get a person who tells me they don't know when they'll be in my area to deliver. That's it to this point. Very annoyed and won't be ordering from them Ikea online again or probably Ikea at all. Thanks for letting me vent.
zombiegalactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 04:48 PM   #1679
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Sounds like an issue with the shipping company. I just had some stuff delivered today that I ordered on March 21. The shipping company called me on Monday to set up a time then called me again today when they were on their way over. Quick and easy.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 05:30 PM   #1680
zombiegalactus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Sounds like an issue with the shipping company. I just had some stuff delivered today that I ordered on March 21. The shipping company called me on Monday to set up a time then called me again today when they were on their way over. Quick and easy.
Wow I'm jealous
zombiegalactus is offline   Reply With Quote