Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 10-15-2017, 04:57 PM   #501
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
It's been surprisingly quite when it comes to this piece. I don't know if that's due to the sheer amount of Vader product on the market but I suspect it may be.
The Mythos Vader is totally awesome. So perhaps that's one reason. You seek for better ones, and it is hard to top this mythos version. And perhaps also due to pricing, space (more and more a problem of most collectors).
It is no bad statue, but not the best. And even me as a big Star Wars fan, I won't get 2 Vaders...
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:28 PM   #502
built2shred
Phoenix

With Iron Studios you get the prototype picture and then have to wait for release where as SS has their status at multiple shows so new pictures create new conversations in threads... Soon as this Vader is released there will be new in hand pictures some talk and then everyone moves on to the next new statue
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:17 PM   #503
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

The new trailer and upcoming movie are making me really excited for this piece! Hopefully there are no more delays and IS shows us the next character they are working on soon!
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:35 PM   #504
qz33
Doctor Doom

The prototype rocks. Production is the only question.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:10 AM   #505
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
The Mythos Vader is totally awesome. So perhaps that's one reason. You seek for better ones, and it is hard to top this mythos version. And perhaps also due to pricing, space (more and more a problem of most collectors).
It is no bad statue, but not the best. And even me as a big Star Wars fan, I won't get 2 Vaders...
I agree that the Mythos Vader is a spectacular piece (I even like the orange on it that a lot of people hated) and that pensive pose where he is holding the helmet is how I keep him displayed; the problem is that he is only 1/5 scale.

This one portrays Vader in a whole different emotional state and in 1/4 scale so it will be able to be displayed with in between Rey and Jyn properly. Yes, I am one of those people who likes multiple scales but never displays them near each other.

This piece is really dynamic and unique; I waited and waited for it to be sold out but then broke down and ordered it so I am hoping for the best in the production pieces.
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:20 AM   #506
Python
Omega Red

I love the mythos Vader, it's the best Vader statue released imo. But this is different enough to want both.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:30 PM   #507
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerius View Post
I agree that the Mythos Vader is a spectacular piece (I even like the orange on it that a lot of people hated) and that pensive pose where he is holding the helmet is how I keep him displayed; the problem is that he is only 1/5 scale.

This one portrays Vader in a whole different emotional state and in 1/4 scale so it will be able to be displayed with in between Rey and Jyn properly. Yes, I am one of those people who likes multiple scales but never displays them near each other.

This piece is really dynamic and unique; I waited and waited for it to be sold out but then broke down and ordered it so I am hoping for the best in the production pieces.
Because of his base the Mythos Vader fits very well between all other 1/4 scales. We can be happy he is not "real" 1/4. Would have been too tall then
Old 10-17-2017, 03:39 PM   #508
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Because of his base the Mythos Vader fits very well between all other 1/4 scales. We can be happy he is not "real" 1/4. Would have been too tall then
if he was real 1/4th the base would have just been shorter... the bottom piece of their bases have no point other then to add height :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:42 PM   #509
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
if he was real 1/4th the base would have just been shorter... the bottom piece of their bases have no point other then to add height :P
You are propably right, but the base is cool
And if a statue looks like 1/4 I don't really care.
Especially if well priced as the Mythos Vader
Old 10-18-2017, 10:24 AM   #510
Xaerius
The Herculoids

Quote:
You are propably right, but the base is cool
And if a statue looks like 1/4 I don't really care.
Especially if well priced as the Mythos Vader
I'm glad you are happy with the scale but, really, the Mythos Vader doesn't look like he is 1/4 scale when placed next to a 1/4 scale figure. He would still be too small. If that size difference isn't an issue for someone then that's great but it really would bother me.
Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote