Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-18-2017, 12:15 PM   #391
hunnipot85
Blue Falcon

I think they should've done all three girls in 1/5 scale with connecting bases.

I think this PF is going to sit on shelves for a while at this price point and I think it's unlikely we're going to see Syd and Nat now
hunnipot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:55 PM   #392
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I think it was unlikely we were ever going to get a second or 3rd Danger Girl piece.

I still like this though. Probably going to PO, just not Day1.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:12 PM   #393
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

This piece will be discussed on today's Sideshow live in about 1 hr. Wow the price by the way!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:15 PM   #394
qz33
Doctor Doom

These things must be too expensive to design?

Because it would really really help to sell them with the expectation of the whole group.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:26 PM   #395
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I think it was unlikely we were ever going to get a second or 3rd Danger Girl piece.

I still like this though. Probably going to PO, just not Day1.
The original blog said it was going to be a collection.

"As a part of Online Comic-Con, Sideshow is thrilled to announce a new collection of Premium Formatâ„¢ Figures based on the hit comic series Danger Girl! These figures are produced in collaboration with J. Scott Campbell, a fan-favorite comic artist whose work also inspired a Sideshow collection of Spider-Man statues."
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:50 PM   #396
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

never care of name plate and so on, but THIS !

I have never seen a statue so accurate to the related drawing

Except SSC chose to reveal her belly

About the price it' high but after checking OC'c post i think the zatanna comparison is a good exemple.

Especially because of her legs and this one has mixed media pants.

Both remain expensive anyway.

Those pants may be a nightmare to put on in production without tearing apart the sheer side panel.
or not ^^ but seems sooooooooo fit.

Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:51 PM   #397
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The original blog said it was going to be a collection.

"As a part of Online Comic-Con, Sideshow is thrilled to announce a new collection of Premium Formatâ„¢ Figures based on the hit comic series Danger Girl! These figures are produced in collaboration with J. Scott Campbell, a fan-favorite comic artist whose work also inspired a Sideshow collection of Spider-Man statues."
Ooooh well then hopefully so!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:37 PM   #398
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Per the live show:

They say there's a lot of talk of doing the other girls, and they want to do them, but nothing set in stone, and in part, it will depend on how well Abbey sells.

They also said JSC was very involved with the piece, and it was his idea to update the costume a bit with the addition of the sheer parts on her pants.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:56 PM   #399
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Per the live show:

They say there's a lot of talk of doing the other girls, and they want to do them, but nothing set in stone, and in part, it will depend on how well Abbey sells.

They also said JSC was very involved with the piece, and it was his idea to update the costume a bit with the addition of the sheer parts on her pants.
That's definitely not what I wanted to hear.

This is a case where a one-off would be a real missed opportunity, but by not taking a chance and waiting for sales numbers, they're increasing the odds that this will remain a one-off. Many people won't want to order until the other two are confirmed, but Sideshow won't make the other two unless people order Abbey.

They're putting collectors such as myself in a tough spot here. I want the three, or I won't bother with just Abbey at these prices. But I feel compelled to order now to do my part to get the other girls made.

Not thrilled.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:12 PM   #400
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
That's definitely not what I wanted to hear.

This is a case where a one-off would be a real missed opportunity, but by not taking a chance and waiting for sales numbers, they're increasing the odds that this will remain a one-off. Many people won't want to order until the other two are confirmed, but Sideshow won't make the other two unless people order Abbey.

They're putting collectors such as myself in a tough spot here. I want the three, or I won't bother with just Abbey at these prices. But I feel compelled to order now to do my part to get the other girls made.

Not thrilled.

exactly. Pricing her like a marvel pf is also a big yikes. And then theres the fairy tale trio JSC alternative thats smaller and less expensive presumably as well. Very frustrating.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote