Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Keith Kopinski

Old 08-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #61
adee
Green Arrow

What I find truly amazing about Kraven and Vulture is how instantly recognizable they are despite not having their costumes shown.
Your portraits are exquisite dawg.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #62
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
What I find truly amazing about Kraven and Vulture is how instantly recognizable they are despite not having their costumes shown.
Your portraits are exquisite dawg.
My mentality in the business is that every great sculpt starts with a well sculpted portrait... if the portrait doesn't look good, then I don't care how awesome the anatomy is, the detail level, the techniques used, the sculpt will not garner the proper attention.

every character's face should tell a story in sculpture. The story with these is that...

"Hey we have no bodies or even shoulders, I need to put on my best performance so you can know who I am"
Old 08-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #63
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59 View Post
My mentality in the business is that every great sculpt starts with a well sculpted portrait... if the portrait doesn't look good, then I don't care how awesome the anatomy is, the detail level, the techniques used, the sculpt will not garner the proper attention.

every character's face should tell a story in sculpture. The story with these is that...

"Hey we have no bodies or even shoulders, I need to put on my best performance so you can know who I am"
you definately do some of the best portraits in sculpting. . the wrecking crew faces for example look so realistic.. the expressions are perfect too.. love to see your take on some x-men someday
SNIKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:42 PM   #64
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

X-Men are amongst my sentimental favorites. My love of Jean Grey knows no bounds. I am also very partial to Kurt, Banshee, hell... I love them all.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #65
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
X-Men are amongst my sentimental favorites. My love of Jean Grey knows no bounds. I am also very partial to Kurt, Banshee, hell... I love them all.
That would be a real treat to see someday
SNIKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #66
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:

Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote