Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 11-24-2018, 07:09 PM   #191
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I've always loved the concept of Elizabeth Bathory, so this statue is VERY cool to me. Thanks for sharing the pictures and the detailed thoughts!

Also interested in seeing how your display decisions progress!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 12:57 PM   #192
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
I've always loved the concept of Elizabeth Bathory, so this statue is VERY cool to me. Thanks for sharing the pictures and the detailed thoughts!

Also interested in seeing how your display decisions progress!
Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
Bloody cool!

Also the artist print ... top... I like sich personal touch collecting items!

Keep us updating with your displaying ideas!
The stand will be wood. I'm no furniture maker. I can use a saw, a drill and a spirit level
The focus is on strength. (once built) i'm not sure if i should paint or stain the wood, as choosing a paint color is difficult.
I didn't want black or white.. ..and what color to paint the inside rear, as it has to suit all my 1/4 PF's. I was thinking dark-grey, or bluey-dark-grey
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:20 PM   #193
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
The stand will be wood. I'm no furniture maker. I can use a saw, a drill and a spirit level
The focus is on strength. (once built) i'm not sure if i should paint or stain the wood, as choosing a paint color is difficult.
I didn't want black or white.. ..and what color to paint the inside rear, as it has to suit all my 1/4 PF's. I was thinking dark-grey, or bluey-dark-grey
I like the dark gray idea. Did you think about mirrors n the back? I got some and I like to look at the statue from front ans also can see the back in the mirror.
For the rest of the „inside“ a trst with a test cube paint could be helping. Just put some statues into a test painted cube and make a count what color fitting better at the end.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:52 PM   #194
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
I like the dark gray idea. Did you think about mirrors n the back? I got some and I like to look at the statue from front ans also can see the back in the mirror.
For the rest of the „inside“ a trst with a test cube paint could be helping. Just put some statues into a test painted cube and make a count what color fitting better at the end.
I've ended up decorating the room (man-cave). It's a small room in the roof area and it has a slope roof on one side, which is far from ideal. I was going to go with grey. Then i thought that might be boring. I went with Dulux - Denim Drift, which is grey with a hint of blue (it won color of the year 2017).

Now i'm thinking, the back of the unit/shelves could use the same color (Dulux - Denim Drift) and i could stain the wood black. This would allow for the bright colors of the statues to standout
Old 12-03-2018, 02:48 PM   #195
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I've ended up decorating the room (man-cave). It's a small room in the roof area and it has a slope roof on one side, which is far from ideal. I was going to go with grey. Then i thought that might be boring. I went with Dulux - Denim Drift, which is grey with a hint of blue (it won color of the year 2017).

Now i'm thinking, the back of the unit/shelves could use the same color (Dulux - Denim Drift) and i could stain the wood black. This would allow for the bright colors of the statues to standout
I am with you. I used the white boxes like a white page of the comic book but I also like the use of other colors or items to bring a satue into the focus.
I am excited to see how the grey color will work out.
Just my input: dont use too dark colors. grey is better then black or dark brown.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 04:00 PM   #196
ukshaun
Hercules

Mileena MKX 1/3 scale

Mileena from Mortal Kombat arrived today, and she looks prototype perfect!

The wait has been a long one. So long in-fact, the company (PCS) changed hands. This put all
kind of doubt in my mind. I'm happy to have kept the faith.

Mileena represents my first 1/3 scale pre_ordered. During the long wait, Harley Quinn from
Prime 1 became the first 1/3 scale to join my collection. I now own a total of 1/3 scale pieces,
and i love them. During to lack of space not to mention funds, i'll keep collecting 1/3 scale to a
minimum.

(Mileena) Both portraits look excellent. To my surprise, i prefer the demonic Tarkatan portrait.
The mouth, the eyes, look glossy. The Sai weapons and gold belt look like metal, but are not
(some have reported that they are metal). The blood on the Sai's is very well done. Mileena's
black (sculpted) leather trousers look
great, featuring texture, and a matte/sheen surface.

Skin-tone looks matte. It's not Prime 1 amazing. It's more along the lines of paint-app skin
tone associated more with a 1/4 scale by Gentle Giant. No complaints here. I did read the
comment 'skin-tone looks flat..' which it is.

The black base with light-up feature works perfectly. It's not XM Studio's crazy, but i guess this
help'ed keep the price down.

Mileena is a keeper. It really is an excellent piece.

Packaging - It appears to be the same quality as XM Studio's (impressive).
Old 12-03-2018, 04:01 PM   #197
ukshaun
Hercules

Mileena MKX 1/3 scale

Experimenting with the ceiling light off, torch on
Old 12-03-2018, 04:33 PM   #198
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
I am with you. I used the white boxes like a white page of the comic book but I also like the use of other colors or items to bring a satue into the focus.
I am excited to see how the grey color will work out.
Just my input: dont use too dark colors. grey is better then black or dark brown.
The statue room is also used to watch films, play video games. I was thinking if the wood frame was black and the backdrop was a medium blue/grey it might work out ok once lights are added to the front (lights are another issue).

The walls behind Mileena have been painted using Dulux - Denim Drift. They look darker in the
photo(s), almost dark-grey. In reality, they look lighter, more blue.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:36 PM   #199
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Great Mileena pics and review!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:11 AM   #200
mars
The Spirit

Congratulations on a great statue the wait was well worth it I can see by your comments. PCS did do a good job on this
mars is offline   Reply With Quote