Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-05-2018, 04:38 PM   #11
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

There was a comic shop in Germany that carried quite a few, two actually, and one here in Olympia that has a bunch, but they over price everything. I pretty much stopped going there. The last purchase I made, they had thrown away all the protective paper around the pieces and didnt even re-tape the box, oh and they threw away the shipper. That was on a piece I pre-ordered. Plus they screwed up my pull list several times.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:05 PM   #12
Gothamite
Phoenix

I was at an LCS that had 7 on display. They have more at their other locations around town.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:26 AM   #13
Frankierock
Omega Red

Oh yeah, living in New York there are actually a lot of dealers that do...it is how I got into the hobby. I walked into my LCS and saw what became my first statue., the first PF Spiderman ..I quickly purchased him and did some research on sideshow and was amazed on what they did and carried. I Was hooked on Statues from that day forward.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:59 AM   #14
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

The only time my LCBS will have newer statues is if someone has a liquidation sale, like when DC Direct does that. They will be a few statue that they think will sell and will offer them at a good price.
They do have a case with statues in but the majority of the ones in there are only when someone brings in a statue looking for either cash or in store credit. Occasionally they will have some Sideshow statues brought in but the majority that they have are either Bowen busts, DC direct busts and Batman Black and White.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:40 PM   #15
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

There was a collectibles shop in Big Bear California that had PFs. I walked in there cause I saw how cool it looked from the outside never expecting to run into Sidehow PFs.

I don't know if that shop still carries them though.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 03:07 AM   #16
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Bedrock City (here in Houston) carries Sideshow and Hot Toys. I've seen other stores in Texas do the same. I remember walking into another LCS at a shopping center (not in Houston) where there was a pretty big SS display. Looked cluttered as hell and most of the pieces had a crap-load of dust,but the owner wanted top-dollar for every one of them.

Also, if any of these stores have grails (SS, Hot Toys, etc), they'll definitely charge eBay prices.
candyrocket786 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:49 PM   #17
Matalata
Doh!

I'm in Los Angeles area there are literally too many that do. Sideshow is based out of Thousand Oaks which is in the west valley and close to L.A. There's a place called Frank & Sons in City of Industry and that place is filled with Sideshow and Hot Toys. A true mecca of the hobby.
Matalata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:19 PM   #18
Gothamite
Phoenix

Alamo City Comics in San Antonio (I think the large statues are things that customers sell to the store, rather than inventory that the owner had planned on carrying):

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 07:07 PM   #19
philapplication
Doh!

Hate to hijack a semi old thread, but yes my lCS carries a lot of sideshow product. They have morphed from a strictly comics and card games shop into comics/POPs/statues/board games/pinball store.

I've always found it interesting that they could pull off selling SS at profit. Though I got back into this hobby by buying their Venom PF off them at roughly the same price I would have gotten from SS themselves.
philapplication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:36 AM   #20
nearmint
Phoenix

Comics Toons & Toys in Tustin, California has quite a few.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote