Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-30-2018, 02:28 PM   #71
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Who in their right mind could ever think her original style hasn't aged well? What, by adding in odd embroidery and weird line cuts to her clothing it makes her look better?

Take any modern artist who's drawing her in her classic style and she still looks more than perfect, imo *shrugs*

Cause a leotard is not spec ops is it? I don't care what planet you come from, fighting mutants in a one piece is never going to end well.

But seriously, the original concept for all the characters (I should say, IMHO) doesn't translate into an interesting statue by today's standards. Too simplistic, especially when coupled with the fact that she looks like a standard human female....

She scratches the sexy female sculpt aspect of my collecting mindset, but the other part, that wants to "explore" the kink in my fantasies just thinks, "meh".......

Which side will win
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 03:41 PM   #72
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I don't remember Cheetara being that sexy. I guess that's why some people grow up to be furries.

So she looks like Rene Russo, Rogue is Angelina Jolie, and Elektra looks like Jada Pinkett imo. Coincidence?
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 03:48 PM   #73
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I never saw Cheetara as being what people now call a "furry." To me she was just a hot 80's chick with funky makeup and contacts.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:17 PM   #74
Rogue
I wear the pants around here
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graven View Post
Same problems i have with this reveal pic. I liked the muted tones much more and really wanted this piece. Hopefully it's just a bad saturated first pic. So i tried to photoshop it a bit to what i expected.

WANT!
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:43 PM   #75
Incrysis

Hopefully it will stay at the same price point as the other two statues.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 06:04 PM   #76
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrysis View Post
Hopefully it will stay at the same price point as the other two statues.
She is smaller so should be cheaper then Mumra, She comes a year after Mumra, so yes she should be the same price..LOL
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 06:06 PM   #77
Incrysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
She is smaller so should be cheaper then Mumra, She comes a year after Mumra, so yes she should be the same price..LOL
Same logic I was using in my mind but......it’s SSC we are talking about.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 07:00 PM   #78
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Cause a leotard is not spec ops is it? I don't care what planet you come from, fighting mutants in a one piece is never going to end well.

But seriously, the original concept for all the characters (I should say, IMHO) doesn't translate into an interesting statue by today's standards. Too simplistic, especially when coupled with the fact that she looks like a standard human female....

She scratches the sexy female sculpt aspect of my collecting mindset, but the other part, that wants to "explore" the kink in my fantasies just thinks, "meh".......

Which side will win

Hmm, by that account Lara Croft in her hot shorts and tight t-shirt should bother you. Teela in her onesie should be a problem (and Evil-Lyn). Tifa from FF7 in her hot shorts and tank top, any iteration of Supergirl in her mini skirts, Peach from Mario Bros in a full on gown, etc etc...

Which is all fine if you don't dig their costumes. But when you start changing them into something else, the characters become something else. I just think Sideshow's Cheetara added too little to justify a full on change of her design, but created just enough changes to make her not look like a proper/good Cheetara *shrugs*
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:26 PM   #79
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Which is probably why I dont like the spots as they seem “fake” and too uniform.
It just doesn't look good at all.

It also makes her hair look like a giant banana that's starting to go bad.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 10:54 PM   #80
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I don't remember Cheetara being that sexy. I guess that's why some people grow up to be furries.

So she looks like Rene Russo, Rogue is Angelina Jolie, and Elektra looks like Jada Pinkett imo. Coincidence?
She and all the Thundercats were “naked” in the pilot. I guess this impled they were fur covered. Else the censors wouldn’t have allowed this. Meow!

jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote