Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 04-29-2010, 02:36 PM   #21
High Lord Apocalypse
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Arrrrgh! I just wish that there was an offering of the modern Cable with that sweet Sentinel base!
Not to worry friend. I'm sure it won't be long before it gets recasted. Lol.
High Lord Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #22
BBBilly
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Randy used to come on here alot...but he does not take criticism well, and because of that moved on to the other site, where they treat him like a God and never say anything bad about his statues...

Granted some people here went overboard, but we buy these things and he should listen once in a while so his stuff become even better...all he has to do is take a page from Jerry at POP Culture Shock and Clay Moore...Both listen to us as fans and we respect them for that more then they know...
There is a difference between constructive criticism and rudely bashing. I suggest doing some back reading and you'll find no one deserves that type of 'criticism'. I didn't read where Jerry and Clay received the same kind of harsh responses but then again their releases are much less than Bowen's so collector's had much less of an opportunity to voice their displeasure.
BBBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:45 PM   #23
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBilly View Post
I read that Randy was tired of members bashing his products.
Where did you read that?
Old 04-29-2010, 02:47 PM   #24
Mean Green
Fantomah

Let's stay on the topic of the awesomeness of this statue!!!
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:48 PM   #25
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
I read that Randy was tired of members bashing his products.
That wasn't the reason at all. I'm not going into detail but there were other extenuating circumstances which led to Randy frequenting SM over SF.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:50 PM   #26
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

I passed on this piece. anyone notice the gym in the back of the warehouse. LOL.. I wonder who is working out during the day..
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:51 PM   #27
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I passed on this piece. anyone notice the gym in the back of the warehouse. LOL.. I wonder who is working out during the day..
You'd think they get enough working out hefting those boxes around all day.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:52 PM   #28
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Randy used to come on here alot...but he does not take criticism well, and because of that moved on to the other site, where they treat him like a God and never say anything bad about his statues...

Granted some people here went overboard, but we buy these things and he should listen once in a while so his stuff become even better...all he has to do is take a page from Jerry at POP Culture Shock and Clay Moore...Both listen to us as fans and we respect them for that more then they know...
Randy does listen to the fans, there has been plenty of criticism of the faceplate on the new Extremis Iron Man statue and Randy has just posted pics on Statue Marvels of the revised head, so he has listened to the people who will be buying it and proceeded to make this piece even better.

The White lipstick on the modern Emma Frost is another example of him listening to the fans when he changed it from Red to white.

When Sideshow show a sneak its stays that way no matter how much people complain.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:20 PM   #29
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
There is a difference between constructive criticism and rudely bashing. I suggest doing some back reading and you'll find no one deserves that type of 'criticism'. I didn't read where Jerry and Clay received the same kind of harsh responses but then again their releases are much less than Bowen's so collector's had much less of an opportunity to voice their displeasure.

I have been here for a while I don't need to do back reading...if you Read my comments you'll see where I stated people went overboard on the comments...which is one reason I think he left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Randy does listen to the fans, there has been plenty of criticism of the faceplate on the new Extremis Iron Man statue and Randy has just posed pics on Statue Marvels of the revised head, so he has listened to the people who will be buying it and proceeded to make this piece even better.

The White lipstick on the modern Emma Frost is another example of him listening to the fans when he changed it from Red to white.

When Sideshow show a sneak its stays that way no matter how much people complain.
Yeah that is now not then...

But Anyway I was stating what I saw and have seen...and thats as far as I need to divulge into this...I am not trying to bash him, just answered why I think he is no longer here...

Now lets get this thread back on topic....
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:00 PM   #30
ALIMOE27
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

I hate to see this pic. I want this so bad......
ALIMOE27 is offline   Reply With Quote