Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-17-2017, 12:32 AM   #71
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
not all 40k statues are a must have for me, I won't be purchasing any heretics unless they are beneath a space marine dead or dying :P

edit: xenos either :P imperium only for me ^^
Haha - I like your dedication the the emperor of mankind.
and unfortunately, since this is Prime 1, the prices will not be remotely reasonable.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:25 AM   #72
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlikealight View Post
I am really excited for this. I hope the price points are reasonable.
I would assume that 1/4 will be $600 at the very minimum.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 02:45 AM   #73
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
Haha - I like your dedication the the emperor of mankind.
and unfortunately, since this is Prime 1, the prices will not be remotely reasonable.
Haha yeah, I dunno I guess I never really thought that it's weird but it just feels weird/wrong to own something not imperium ;p I only play imperium armies in games too.

I saw some on FB they plan on making them to scale and they prob won't have small bases, so i expect it to be heavy.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 03:33 AM   #74
batman1180
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
I would assume that 1/4 will be $600 at the very minimum.
$750 seems to be the pretty standard 1/4 price from P1. Assuming these are going to be big bulky pieces, I would guess closer to 1k when these drop.
batman1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:51 AM   #75
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

I like the old Weta WH statues too, can't wait what P1S will be showing.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 01:26 AM   #76
Ulfnar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Wouldn't have been my first choice of statue for the first one, but female statues sell, and anything from imperium of man is going to sell better than Eldar etc.

I just hope the pose they end up doing is more interesting than that artist rendering. She just looks like she's bored standing around waiting for something.

All that being said, I'll probably buy it cause prime 1 quality and warhammer, been playing war40k since 2nd Ed in 1993.
Ulfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 04:54 PM   #77
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfnar View Post
Wouldn't have been my first choice of statue for the first one, but female statues sell, and anything from imperium of man is going to sell better than Eldar etc.

I just hope the pose they end up doing is more interesting than that artist rendering. She just looks like she's bored standing around waiting for something.

All that being said, I'll probably buy it cause prime 1 quality and warhammer, been playing war40k since 2nd Ed in 1993.
I humbly disagree with you sir. I really like the museum poses for two reasons: first, if you have a series of museum posed statues they look better together than a series of action posed statues together. Why? because a bunch of action posed statues together usually are chaotic and not in compatible fighting positions, which makes it look mismatched. Two, and most importantly, because it takes a lot less space on the shelves!!
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 05:21 PM   #78
dao2
Cyclops

They probably are going to stick with museum poses
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 06:13 PM   #79
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
I humbly disagree with you sir. I really like the museum poses for two reasons: first, if you have a series of museum posed statues they look better together than a series of action posed statues together. Why? because a bunch of action posed statues together usually are chaotic and not in compatible fighting positions, which makes it look mismatched. Two, and most importantly, because it takes a lot less space on the shelves!!
I agree. I think action poses are often hit or miss (remember Sideshows Mass Effect Shepard) and who wants to take that risk on characters that you know will only be made in statue format very rarely (at most).

If XM, SS etc take a risk on Hulk, or Spider-Man, or Batman - who cares? You know they'll bring out another one next month (Guaranteed!!) and if they don't, some other company will.....But a Sister of Battle?....This is a one time thing.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:35 AM   #80
Ulfnar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

It doesn't have to be an action pose to be more interesting then "arms at sides robotic pose of boringness" . The bolter hefted up on a shoulder or something would look really good. Or the bolter at her side gripping a rosary or holy relic tightly with a look of religious zeal on her face. Something like that, there's no action there, but there's character.

And yes I realize that pose has her gripping her rosary down below, just be nice if that featured more centrally. But I suppose I'll have to reserve full judgement until we actually see what she's going to look like. I just REALLY REALLY want these to be amazing due to how much I've always loved the warhammer lore, I must've read like 35 of their books as well.

I have nothing against museum poses, just super super boring poses that make the subject look like a mannequin or robot.
Ulfnar is offline   Reply With Quote