Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-03-2020, 12:26 PM   #1031
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljspiper View Post
For those who own this Sideshow PF - I heard (and seen videos showing) that the magnet holding the head to the body is - not as strong as it could be, let's say.

How prone to falling off is it? Would a gentle nudge of the display stand cause the head to fall off? Or would it take a more severe collision to make that happen? (Of course, I avoid anything that would knock my statues around.)

There are a number of these SS Catwoman figures that show up on Ebay with damaged ears , so I suppose accidents do happen. I'm just trying to get a sense of how likely it is; would I need to walk on eggshells around the figure (figuratively, that is!).

Any comments or advice appreciated!
It is weak and if you touch it wrong, it could fall out. However, I had her on an end table for a number of years before moving her to a cabinet, and with cats and dogs, I never had any issues with it falling off. The head is slightly recessed into her neck so I'm sure that helped some. Some said you can use Earthquake Putty to help secure it, but I have never tried it. You could also do a light coat of rubber cement to secure it better, and that rubs off pretty easily.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:34 PM   #1032
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The head magnet is really weak. I had to put the earthquake putty on it.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:40 PM   #1033
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
For those who own this Sideshow PF - I heard (and seen videos showing) that the magnet holding the head to the body is - not as strong as it could be, let's say.

How prone to falling off is it? Would a gentle nudge of the display stand cause the head to fall off? Or would it take a more severe collision to make that happen? (Of course, I avoid anything that would knock my statues around.)

There are a number of these SS Catwoman figures that show up on Ebay with damaged ears , so I suppose accidents do happen. I'm just trying to get a sense of how likely it is; would I need to walk on eggshells around the figure (figuratively, that is!).

Any comments or advice appreciated!
(assuming you own the piece) if you were to move the statue like i once did, and tilt the whole piece over slightly, the head will fall of.

Compared to my other 1/4 PF's, Catwoman has the weakest magnet. To make matters worse, there is no peg. If there was a peg, the weak magnet would not matter so much. I have considered adding glue, although that would mean never being able to box the piece up. The box is massive, so dumping the box might make sense, as i am never going to sell the piece. If when i move house, the piece is quite robust, compared to some pieces.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 01:22 PM   #1034
ljspiper
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Thanks all for the replies and info. Sounds like I expected - it's worthwhile being very careful.

I like the idea of a thin coat of rubber cement that one could clean off if needed. Earthquake putty sounds good too; if I ever need to try it, I'll make some tests, see how thin I can get it and still get some grip.

Of course, I'd need to find an affordable SS Pfeiffer Catwoman first - good luck on that, eh?
ljspiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 05:00 PM   #1035
ljspiper
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Well, the Sideshow Batman Returns Catwoman PF came to stay for the holidays, and see some of her friends:

Left to right, that's the Tsukuda prepaint, SS PF, Horizon Models Batman Returns, and Horizon Catwoman (the last 2 painted by me, someday I'll do the base on the last one and give her a whip...)
ljspiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 05:06 PM   #1036
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Well, the Sideshow Batman Returns Catwoman PF came to stay for the holidays, and see some of her friends:

Left to right, that's the Tsukuda prepaint, SS PF, Horizon Models Batman Returns, and Horizon Catwoman (the last 2 painted by me, someday I'll do the base on the last one and give her a whip...)
Glad you got her! Easily one of my favorite pieces
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 07:08 PM   #1037
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Congratulations to the beauty kitty! Got her too and this cat will never leave my house again! Its a keeper.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 10:33 PM   #1038
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I preorder the Tweeterhead version last week. I regret not getting this one but in a way, glad I didn’t since Tweeter is much nicer.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 05:54 AM   #1039
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:

Glad you have those
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote