Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-27-2015, 05:36 AM   #31
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dood View Post
You would've been 3 years old when the original came out in theatres so you wouldn't remember how that film changed movie going experience, or appreciate the maturity of the second one until much later

Without those two films, Nolans Batman (which I am sure you hail as a masterpiece) wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

The 1989 Batman was a frenzy never seen before when it came to superhero movies
I'll chime in. I'm 29 and super excited for this statue and I don't even plan on buying it. The Tweeterhead version is enough for me.

I can remember the lead up to Batman Returns clear as day. The Batcave setup at my local supermarket filled with merchandise. The bat prints that lead to the cave from the entrance of the store. Fresh memories and I was 6.

I was only 3 when Batman was released so can't remember any lead up to that but definitely experienced the aftermath with related toys and video games.

These movies are what brought me into Gotham and I still adore them. 5 is a young, impressionable age to be (this is the age when I first watched the Batman movie).

I wouldn't remember how that film changed movie going experience, or appreciate the maturity of the second one until much later?

Try this, you wouldn't remember how much of an impact those movies had on young kids
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 05:47 AM   #32
built2shred
Phoenix

Tweeterhead nailed the likeness of Michelle Pfeiffer.... That will be the challenge for SS... I hope they do it.... If they don't I'll be content with my Tweeterhead one...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:13 AM   #33
rfridaythe13th
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
I'll chime in. I'm 29 and super excited for this statue and I don't even plan on buying it. The Tweeterhead version is enough for me.

I can remember the lead up to Batman Returns clear as day. The Batcave setup at my local supermarket filled with merchandise. The bat prints that lead to the cave from the entrance of the store. Fresh memories and I was 6.

I was only 3 when Batman was released so can't remember any lead up to that but definitely experienced the aftermath with related toys and video games.

These movies are what brought me into Gotham and I still adore them. 5 is a young, impressionable age to be (this is the age when I first watched the Batman movie).

I wouldn't remember how that film changed movie going experience, or appreciate the maturity of the second one until much later?

Try this, you wouldn't remember how much of an impact those movies had on young kids
im 29 also and you just described part of my childhood as well... ahh the good old days lol
rfridaythe13th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:22 AM   #34
dood
Kindly Asked To Leave

Movie was PG13 and I doubt most kids got half the jokes
dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:24 AM   #35
dood
Kindly Asked To Leave

And it wasn't a children's Batman movie most importantly
Old 12-27-2015, 06:29 AM   #36
dood
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:

Movie was PG13 and I doubt most kids got half the jokes
PS-this TOTALLY should've been the tag line for this Premium Format Figure!
Old 12-27-2015, 06:36 AM   #37
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Thought so, you were much too young to remember Burtons Batman
I'm a year younger than him and remember it very well. It isn't like he's 12, when you reach a certain age you are able to go back and appreciate the finer things at will, it isn't like they are off limits to those of us who weren't around to appreciate the full release. I liked Burtons version of Batman personally.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:47 AM   #38
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I am over the moon with new announcement!!

Makes me seriously consider selling my comic Catwoman PF, the Pfeiffer is the definite Catwoman represantation, i liked the sleek design with the white seams and sexy outfit!!

Can't wait for more pics to come up
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:49 AM   #39
dood
Kindly Asked To Leave

Did your parents really take you to Batman Returns when you were 6?

Honestly that's just bad parenting.

The whole point is THOSE films whether you like it or not paved the landscape for video games, toys, and other Batman merchandise because up until then Batman was the Ned Flanders of superheroes thanks to the 60s show (which I'm not complaining about).

But point is Tim Burton didn't make those films for 6 year olds, and if you've seen them that should be blatantly obvious.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:55 AM   #40
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

I watched it on VHS.

I see no problem showing it to children. It won't create nightmares. There are no adult themes. Only mild violence. Most sexual innuendos will go over a kid's head. Besides, even Disney cartoons contain those.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote