Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-27-2015, 07:47 AM   #41
Vatos Locos
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I'm quite optimistic, that this will be more accurate than their 89 Batman.

Hopefully, another sculptor will do the 92 Keaton as well.
Maybe with a torn cowl head as exclusive.. wishful thinking..
Vatos Locos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:12 AM   #42
Vatos Locos
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dood View Post
But point is Tim Burton didn't make those films for 6 year olds, and if you've seen them that should be blatantly obvious.
I disagree.

I don't think this movie is for a specific age group

I watched it on vhs when I was about 6 or 7 years old and I was blown away by it. As an adult, I rediscovered the film and saw new things, which is how it should be, I think.

Don't underestimate kids. The brain is almost fully developed in the young age of 7 years.

They might or might not fully understand everything, but on a deeper level, the foreconscious level, if you like, they get it somehow.
Vatos Locos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:25 AM   #43
BurningRage
Inhumans

Halle Berry CW plz
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:32 AM   #44
k-9
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

just give me the AH! catwoman they promised. scrap the legendary and make it 1/4 scale and fully sculpted.

k-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:33 AM   #45
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
I wonder if they got Trevor Grove to do the face sculpt for the PF too. He definitely proved he can do it with Tweeterhead's.

It can only look more accurate at a larger scale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Tweeterhead nailed the likeness of Michelle Pfeiffer.... That will be the challenge for SS... I hope they do it.... If they don't I'll be content with my Tweeterhead one...
Trevor Grove really outdid himself with that Pfeiffer (both head sculpt and naturalistic pose), and paint apps seem to be great on that piece. Can't wait to have that one.

I don't know if Sideshow also got Trevor to do this —that'd be great, though Will Harbottle would also do—, but I'm just moderately excited about this announcement. Years of SSC's WTF pose choices, lackluster paint apps (especially in the face department) and stupidly googly eyes will do that to you. (That's not always the case, mind you, they do have their hits, but I've had my share of those occurrences and it leaves you rather jaded.)

Unless they pull a Chris Reeve PF, though, I'll most probably be buying it, so I guess I'll have three Michelles - bear in mind Kira from Prime 1 also hinted at a 1:3 version, and they should be using translucent resin.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 09:03 AM   #46
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-9 View Post
just give me the AH! catwoman they promised. scrap the legendary and make it 1/4 scale and fully sculpted.

Okay... maybe room for one more Catwoman.

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 09:24 AM   #47
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Yea if its good I buy it, this is my favorite catwoman. However I think there is a chance 1/3 prime1 Michelle Pfeiffer catwoman will be made.
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 09:26 AM   #48
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dood View Post
You would've been 3 years old when the original came out in theatres so you wouldn't remember how that film changed movie going experience, or appreciate the maturity of the second one until much later

Without those two films, Nolans Batman (which I am sure you hail as a masterpiece) wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

The 1989 Batman was a frenzy never seen before when it came to superhero movies
While what you say is true, about it being a frenzy before the film came out. What you said about Nolans films not gaving a leg to stand can be said about the Keaton films and Superman the movie. If Superman the movie hadn't started the Superhero movie trend, granted the sequels were less well recieved, there wouldn't have been a clamoring for other Superhero films like the 89 Batman.

Funny thing is I remember all the stuff that happened right around the 89 film but, even though they weren't Superhero films. A film going and marketing frenzy had really started after E.T. E.T. was friggin every where. I was three, I cried at the of the film. The next film I saw that for was Return Of The Jedi. Then the 89' Batman. I remember these things because I remember watching each film in the theater at a young age and wanting all the cups and toys and movie tie-ins.

So was it really Batman 89' or was it just the way large budget films were marketed? I can't say it changed the movie going experience either. Star wars and other films had already done that.

Nostalgia factors in a lot here, when it comes to the 89' film. I saw it in theaters at the age of 10. Blew me away...at 10. But dont't blame someone for seeing the imperfections in the film. Because its far from perfect. Returns even less so.

So yeah, he might be young, but his opinion is valid.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:03 AM   #49
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I may stick with Tweeterhead unless there is a wild-haired HS with this one.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:12 AM   #50
Falkor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
Yea if its good I buy it, this is my favorite catwoman. However I think there is a chance 1/3 prime1 Michelle Pfeiffer catwoman will be made.
That's the one I'm waiting for!
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote