Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 06-26-2016, 02:44 PM   #111
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I agree. It's like 2 days in and they have not even reached 1% of their goal. I'm not sure Arahom did his research on KS. This is reflected a bit in the rewards.

He has a fairly large fan base via his statues, he should have targeted his rewards with these people in mind, so that they would have provided a core group of supporters to get the ball rolling with pledges. Then other ks people would have felt more comfortable pledging funds.

Worse yet I fear us the product itself. I have read issues 1-4. I buy the comics to support ARH comics (25%), to have a collectible item to go along with my statue (25%), because they are cheap and give me something to read on my breaks at work (25%), because I like the art (15%) and because I like the story (10%).

I think Arahom is pushing this series as a deep, involved love story and it just doesn't succeed in this area. There isn't enough back story for you to build a connection between and of the characters in the story and as things unfold the story seems a little obvious.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, Arkhallas first comic line should have been a 3-5 book series and it should have been all about her being a ruthless, headless vampire queen that crushed people, ate them and had sex. It should have been 50% sex, 40% violence/horror and 10% story. When you finished the last issue the reader should really have a pretty bad opinion of Arkhalla and not like her or Bel or vampires in general one little bit. That would have been a good backdrop for the current story theme.

I just hope at the end of the current series her human lover dies and they rethink the entire Arkhalla concept for the next series. They need to stop pushing this whole original star crossed lovers thing. There's nothing original about a first of its kind vampire origins story who falls for a human. That's Dracula. They need to embrace the stuff that sells statues for them, sex and violence and then build a story about that.

Sorry for going on so long....
Thanks. Sounds true, right, correct and... just good.
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:02 PM   #112
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

I just hope the company as a whole is not in jeopardy because of this comic attempt. If it is.. cut your losses and drop the comics, stick to your roots which got you where you are today.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:14 PM   #113
dao2
Cyclops

I'm sure they are fine....
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:59 PM   #114
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The kickstart is up to $260... Although not close to the $15k they were looking for it's still the same as like selling 65 $4 comics!!! That's something... Unfortunately, if they don't make the $15k goal I do t think they collect any of the money. I could be wrong about that though.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:16 PM   #115
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I think more of these stories should have been free. I know ARH isn't Sideshow. They posted that in that massive Facebook post. And I do hate how companies, large or small, run to Kickstarter these days to fund stuff. But still with Court of the Dead, I haven't paid for any of their stories or trinkets. ARH did have one I think for free. But I still think an issue of each character should be free online. Just to help sell the character.

I do think this is the best sculpt of the Arhian character though. It might be his best sculpt that I've seen. Still I know nothing about her.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:01 PM   #116
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

They gave the first one of each of their comics away for free. Then they extended that. Then they had another free comic give away, but I forget the details. Now they are giving away the first and second Arkhalla again. In addition to this, if you bought the Queen or Arhian statues you get the first three issues free.

So they have been giving away a ton of comics....
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:59 AM   #117
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A R E S View Post
I also think i wasn't the most brilliant idea to post a long rant against their costumers on facebook and a little later want them to spend money. I don't think that approach is the best way to do such a thing.

Although he can argue that the rant wasn't against his customers, it was at the core about the better styro and even as a supportive buyer i expected better styro with every statue and it never came. Although Arahom had promised it, i had to learn from Arahom that i am bad for expecting something he himself promised for ages ago.

It is hard and annoying to buy something from their homepage, especially comics, because of their shop system and even the most start up shops tend to have a shop system which is miles better.
Just have to say you hit the nail on the head.

On the heels of that rant, it's probably not the best timing for this Kickstarter. It's like biting the hand that feeds you then later asking to be fed again.
Now I wonder if we can expect another rant against the customer base if this KS fails.

I said all I have to say about the styrofoam debacle but a few months ago in their "backstage" video, they also went on record saying that they know the website could be better and they'd be working to improve it. Haven't heard a peep about it since. Not holding my breath on that promise either.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:42 PM   #118
Marcel54
Hellboy

All the smaller and bigger signs over the last year or so, might spell doom for ARH. I sure hope not but it wouldn't surprise me either.
Marcel54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:39 PM   #119
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post
All the smaller and bigger signs over the last year or so, might spell doom for ARH. I sure hope not but it wouldn't surprise me either.
I hope not either, Marcel. It would be a shame.

Whether you're a fan of the mythological/historical figures, the original characters or just the adult-oriented sculpts, they bring something unique to the hobby.

That being said, I feel Arahom needs to just stay off social media and focus on the business. It seems every time he makes a post of that nature, it ends up going wrong.

The vocal minority will always talk s--t on forums and social media. Every company has to endure criticism to some degree. Let the quality of your product speak for itself, your core fanbase will keep buying and word of mouth will get around. You might even win over the detractors.

Don't make promises that can't be kept (i.e. styrofoam) and for the love of all that is holy, fix that website. In 2016, a reliable and user-friendly website is almost a requirement for a business. It just doesn't instill a lot of confidence in your product if the website doesn't even function properly.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 02:20 PM   #120
dao2
Cyclops

Whats with all the doom and gloom? They're selling more than they did before, I'm sure they're alright :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote