Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Childish men?
zteinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:54 AM   #102
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
So they're still going through with this "pretty boy" statue huh? Clearly they lost touch with who they're target audience was...
I don't think they're going for the same audience as those who buy Bishoujos. I'm guessing that 80% of the Bishoujo market is straight men who like sexy female statues. So yeah they're not going to get that demographic for these new male statues.

My best guess for a demographic would probably be a very small percentage of straight male collectors, gay male collectors and possible female collectors....

How big that market is? I have no idea....

Wish Koto the best of luck though....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 02:02 PM   #103
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteinr View Post
Childish men?
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:47 PM   #104
six8ten
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
So they're still going through with this "pretty boy" statue huh? Clearly they lost touch with who they're target audience was...
Well, since they're still releasing other Bishoujo statues and all their other lines, I assume this is more a case of testing the waters in expanding to other potential customer demographics than a total mis-read of their current fans that they know pretty well.
six8ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:30 PM   #105
llama
The Spirit

Some of the statements here are little ridiculous. Some of these attempts to label the target market for this statue are laughable attempts at stereotyping. This Statue is targeted at anyone who is interested in buying it. Kotobukiya puts out a lot of products that may or may not interest you. I am pretty sure your favorite statue lines will not be affected by the existence of this statue.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:32 PM   #106
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama View Post
Some of the statements here are little ridiculous. Some of these attempts to label the target market for this statue are laughable attempts at stereotyping. This Statue is targeted at anyone who is interested in buying it. Kotobukiya puts out a lot of products that may or may not interest you. I am pretty sure your favorite statue lines will not be affected by the existence of this statue.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:28 PM   #107
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Well said.

If I employed the logic of some no Bishoujo would exist at all as I am not a fan of the line or the sexed up superheroes. Llama is 110% on point here though as there is a massive fanbase for the heartthrob version of Nightwing among both female and male collectors and I see no reason that Koto shouldn't cater to them as well.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 12:30 AM   #108
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteinr View Post
Childish men?
Lol, yeah pretty much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I don't think they're going for the same audience as those who buy Bishoujos. I'm guessing that 80% of the Bishoujo market is straight men who like sexy female statues. So yeah they're not going to get that demographic for these new male statues.

My best guess for a demographic would probably be a very small percentage of straight male collectors, gay male collectors and possible female collectors....

How big that market is? I have no idea....

Wish Koto the best of luck though....
Quote:
Originally Posted by six8ten View Post
Well, since they're still releasing other Bishoujo statues and all their other lines, I assume this is more a case of testing the waters in expanding to other potential customer demographics than a total mis-read of their current fans that they know pretty well.
Quote:
I'm pretty sure Bishoujo means "pretty girl". I'm all for them expanding but it seems strange to me that they'd include it under that name.

Isn't there a name in Japanese that refers to hunky men? Cause if there is, go with that. Lol

Going under the Bishoujo line just makes it seem they're trying to hit "most" of the same collectors and "most" would probably be straight young men. (Or as ztienr put "childish" haha)
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 12:41 AM   #109
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Bishoujo means "pretty girl". I'm all for them expanding but it seems strange to me that they'd include it under that name.

Isn't there a name in Japanese that refers to hunky men? Cause if there is, go with that. Lol

Going under the Bishoujo line just makes it seem they're trying to hit "most" of the same collectors and "most" would probably be straight young men. (Or as ztienr put "childish" haha)
This is part of a new line called Ikemen. The person who made this thread jumped the gun with the teaser picture and thought it was a Bishoujo, so the title is wrong.

If a mod would like to correct the title to 'Nightwing Ikemen statue' or something, that'd be great.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 12:50 AM   #110
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
This is part of a new line called Ikemen. The person who made this thread jumped the gun with the teaser picture and thought it was a Bishoujo, so the title is wrong.

If a mod would like to correct the title to 'Nightwing Ikemen statue' or something, that'd be great.
Oh, well then there you go. . Makes sense then and I wish koto all the best in their new line.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote