Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-20-2021, 10:56 PM   #41
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Though I don't completely agree with Mr. Peterson's aesthetic I can appreciate it.

Someone should commission him to do a James Jonah Jameson and Popeye Lifesize busts.
I actually am one of the few who dig his Hulk, though the grimace is a little weird. His Wolverine and Batman I don't really like though, but I get why some do.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 05:58 AM   #42
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Username View Post
It'll never happen, but I wish someone would do a McFarlane Venom bust. That toothy grin at this scale would be incredible and creepy as all get-out.

Why the McFarlane Venom doesn’t get as much love is beyond me. Dude is the original Venom. We need more.

And this Spidey has a more McFarlane vibe with the bigger eyes. So they would be Awesome together.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 11:33 AM   #43
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post

Why the McFarlane Venom doesn’t get as much love is beyond me. Dude is the original Venom. We need more.

And this Spidey has a more McFarlane vibe with the bigger eyes. So they would be Awesome together.
Agreed on Venom, but as far as Spidey's eyes go, they look more Bagley'esque. Not a fan... hopefully the're's going to be a switch out.
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 02:09 PM   #44
Peedi
The Secret Six

The more I look at the Peterson busts (almost if not all of the latest busts over the past few years) the more I like them.

It’s a very comic-book style made physical. Which is fine for comics and smaller statues, but I think it’s perception. When we think of Life Size statues we expect a more realistic, real life style. So 1:1 busts that are less realistic and done in comic book style are off putting. I just look at Peterson’s busts as the literal comic character brought to life. That would make no difference for somebody that wouldn’t like the characters drawn that way though lol
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 07:53 PM   #45
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
The more I look at the Peterson busts (almost if not all of the latest busts over the past few years) the more I like them.

It’s a very comic-book style made physical. Which is fine for comics and smaller statues, but I think it’s perception. When we think of Life Size statues we expect a more realistic, real life style. So 1:1 busts that are less realistic and done in comic book style are off putting. I just look at Peterson’s busts as the literal comic character brought to life. That would make no difference for somebody that wouldn’t like the characters drawn that way though lol
I am the opposite - just not a fan of his style. That is art though - things just hit people differently.
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 08:22 PM   #46
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post

Honestly I don’t like any of these busts. Especially the Hulks. I didn’t know this guy did all of them. This Spidey looks good though.
Dead pool ain't bad...the others are bad. I think the "sculpting" and the attention to detail is fantastic, but the the art direction of Hulk and Wolverine are horrendous. They're too wacked out.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 08:45 PM   #47
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Dead pool ain't bad...the others are bad. I think the "sculpting" and the attention to detail is fantastic, but the the art direction of Hulk and Wolverine are horrendous. They're too wacked out.
I didn’t like the position of the sais on Deadpool. The face and bust looked fine.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 09:50 PM   #48
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Agreed on Venom, but as far as Spidey's eyes go, they look more Bagley'esque. Not a fan... hopefully the're's going to be a switch out.
Looking again you may be right..Bagley.

I was looking at the Queen studios one right before it ..that one is almost definitely McFarlane.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:18 AM   #49
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I think the CO bust is more Bagley. His work in the 90's gave Spidey those big round looking bug eyes.

The Sideshow piece looks like a hybrid of the 90's large eye style with Romita aesthetic. I can't really place them with a specific artist. I do like them though.

GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 03:29 PM   #50
BurningRage
Inhumans

His Venom bust seem to be the most well received.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote