Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 07-14-2022, 03:43 PM   #11
SDguy

Collector's Edition: $695

Deluxe Edition: $1495

https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...XfjRp31nosDdTg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mega-man-x_capcom_gallery_62cf729bc68e9.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	151741   Click image for larger version

Name:	mega-man-x-deluxe_capcom_gallery_62cf731e4f9ef.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	151742  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 03:51 PM   #12
AC_808
Hercules

The collector's edition already looks exceptional as is. Kinda like that you can see all of him 360.

I will admit it's kinda expensive with that simple base and size of the statue, tho.

I just feel like that deluxe edition big base takes away too much of the main statue.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 03:56 PM   #13
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
The collector's edition already looks exceptional as is. Kinda like that you can see all of him 360.

I will admit it's kinda expensive with that simple base and size of the statue, tho.

I just feel like that deluxe edition big base takes away too much of the main statue.
I agree. I think the way the deluxe is now, you can't look at that as just a big base.... the entire thing IS the statue. As such though, the paint job then on more than half "the statue" is pretty uninspired, IMO.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 11:25 PM   #14
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm the opposite. We've had a few Mega Man statue of him by himself (or so) so I like the deluxe for it's originality and storytelling.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 12:07 AM   #15
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I think it’s capsule or bust for this piece. The regular base is meh and the piece looks naked or lacking without the capsule. I have a few issues with it though. Both X and Zero’s faces look off. The capsule colors are boring and if you purchase both pieces, Zero is the same height as X which is a big lazy no no in my book. It’s the PCS Seekers all over again. I’ll need to do some soul searching on these two. With the price and shipping increases they could be better.

Honestly the HMO pieces are still stellar and the X-Plus PVC toys are a better representation and cheaper for being out of print.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:35 PM   #16
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
I'm the opposite. We've had a few Mega Man statue of him by himself (or so) so I like the deluxe for it's originality and storytelling.
I personally can't give PCS points for originality when this feels like a blatant ripoff of Blitzway's Deluxe Astro Boy and Capsule. The difference is there's far less detail here and storytelling. No switchouts other than open and closed eyes is a joke. Not a single arm attachment for a character primarily known for them.

And yet for a statue simpler in paint and engineering than Blitzways piece it's still priced obscenely more. This is typical PCS. Hundreds of dollars overpriced and with zero hype attached to their pieces in large part because of it.
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:50 PM   #17
craigcliff1
Zot

it's pretty cool. I would love that I collected and had any idea who this character is, I would get this statue. I think with that huge base and a statue 1,50 is about what any company would ask for this
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 04:44 PM   #18
KiDD
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafadcariad View Post
I personally can't give PCS points for originality when this feels like a blatant ripoff of Blitzway's Deluxe Astro Boy and Capsule. The difference is there's far less detail here and storytelling. No switchouts other than open and closed eyes is a joke. Not a single arm attachment for a character primarily known for them.
Agreed, I was honestly expecting way more. The price could be justified if they had removable parts like Atom (Astro Boy) did and you could display them in full armour + if the faces were actually accurate.
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 04:49 PM   #19
ukshaun
Hercules

I have never understood the amount of love Mega Man receives?
I wish Strider would receive some statue love
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 05:16 AM   #20
KiDD
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I have never understood the amount of love Mega Man receives?
I wish Strider would receive some statue love
I mean it was one of the most popular and IMO best sidescrollers on the NES/SNES. Great game design + nostalgy.

Also, great to see a fellow Strider fan The PS1 game was amazing!
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote