Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #2651
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

it doesnt matter when you order.. if its stated as new.. it has to be new.. if not.. it has to be stated as refurbished.. or used..
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #2652
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
IMO, it happens entirely too often for it not be sanctioned.

Well, yeah, but there are pieces from time to time that we all sit on the fence about and wait for in hand pics, or in hand pics change our mind. Not only that, I would pick things up that came back in stock if there was a possibility to use it for trade bait or what have you down the line, flip, etc. but when they arrive to you in crappy condition, you can't really sell or trade it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
it doesnt matter when you order.. if its stated as new.. it has to be new.. if not.. it has to be stated as refurbished.. or used..

Unfortunately things aren't going to change, we can complain till we are blue in the face, but peope will still buy and they will continue to do business the way they are, best case scenario if you like it order it, if it comes out bad, return it and get a full refund (a small inconvenience, sure, but not really a big deal). And if that doesn't work buying on the secondary market is about the same as a returned piece (given it is in acceptable condition), still has been opened and inspected. Like I said before as long as it is acceptable to me, I will keep the piece doesn't matter how many times it was opened.

And do they actually state that these are "new" on the site? I have never seen it
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #2653
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
Unfortunately things aren't going to change, we can complain till we are blue in the face, but peope will still buy and they will continue to do business the way they are, best case scenario if you like it order it, if it comes out bad, return it and get a full refund (a small inconvenience, sure, but not really a big deal). And if that doesn't work buying on the secondary market is about the same as a returned piece (given it is in acceptable condition), still has been opened and inspected. Like I said before as long as it is acceptable to me, I will keep the piece doesn't matter how many times it was opened.

And do they actually state that these are "new" on the site? I have never seen it

Things may not change, but word of mouth is grossly underestimated. Unfortunately, if we cared enough, we would start photographing damage to compare and keeping track of numbers, etc., but we don't. On the other hand, we shouldn't have to.

Does it really have to say "new" ?

Acceptable to you is not acceptable to most though man. Let's be realistic, your modding skills are above most on here. And most of us don't like having to wash our PFs, strip the clothes, and take a blow dryer to pieces for them to be correct.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #2654
Spazzy
Hercules

believe me, I am picky when it comes to new pieces, I don't want to have to fix anything I don't have to, I ask for replacements for probably 85% of the pieces I get whether it is the full piece or just a part, I even asked for new boxes for the Joe 12" line because they were dented during shipping (got them too). I just don't see the problem with returning an item that is not acceptable, or if a replacement is not available a refund or credit that is acceptable, but what people do is complain that they got returns when if they really wanted it should have ordered earlier, obviously newbies won't understand this yet, but we were all newbies once, and I am sure most of us experienced it at one time. Part of the game, I am sure SS knows all this, and I personally think things are getting better, you only hear about the problems and they always get blown out of proportions, when all they have to do is return it, and learn for the next time.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #2655
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
believe me, I am picky when it comes to new pieces, I don't want to have to fix anything I don't have to, I ask for replacements for probably 85% of the pieces I get whether it is the full piece or just a part, I even asked for new boxes for the Joe 12" line because they were dented during shipping (got them too). I just don't see the problem with returning an item that is not acceptable, or if a replacement is not available a refund or credit that is acceptable, but what people do is complain that they got returns when if they really wanted it should have ordered earlier, obviously newbies won't understand this yet, but we were all newbies once, and I am sure most of us experienced it at one time. Part of the game, I am sure SS knows all this, and I personally think things are getting better, you only hear about the problems and they always get blown out of proportions, when all they have to do is return it, and learn for the next time.

I agree with a lot of what you say, I just don't think that we should be forced into the position of letting them sit on our deposits for a year or forced to get somebody's return.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #2656
Spazzy
Hercules

but the deposits are for people who pre ordered early not waited for it to come back in stock after returns started to roll in, I have never liked the NRD's and have ordered quite a bit less because of it, but for a pf, it isn't that much to hold a spot for one, especially if it is for a piece you really want
Old 11-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #2657
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I have never liked the NRD's and have ordered quite a bit less because of it, but for a pf, it isn't that much to hold a spot for one, especially if it is for a piece you really want
Yeah I feel the same way.

But what worries me is the bad quality control when they still have those stamps/stickers that the statue was inspected on the box. And people doing returns and getting worse examples or another person's return. That shouldn't happen and has to stop. It's a simple matter of real quality control too at Sideshow and at the factory.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #2658
Spazzy
Hercules

I agree it has to stop, but it hasn't since I have been buying from SS...wanna say 8-10 years, and I have just learned to deal with it, and it doesn't really affect me much, because if it is a bad item it goes back and I shop elsewhere

And in 5 years we will be having this conversation about another item that wasn't satisfactory...
Old 11-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #2659
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
And in 5 years we will be having this conversation about another item that wasn't satisfactory...

I seriously doubt I'll be around for that conversation. Too many other collectibles to spend money on that aren't the crapshoot that statues are. I just want a couple more key pieces and then I'm done for good.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #2660
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I seriously doubt I'll be around for that conversation. Too many other collectibles to spend money on that aren't the crapshoot that statues are. I just want a couple more key pieces and then I'm done for good.
maybe but a hundred more collectors will take your place by then, so I am sure SS won't miss you