Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 01-12-2017, 02:22 AM   #301
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

It was the best of times... it was the worst of times.

That's this statue. It's just not a good statue/sculpt. If you have it then you know this. What makes this statue so cool is whatever magic Grog did to make it so cheap that people just picked it up and started playing with it. The repaints and mods I have seen on this thing in this thread are amazing. Hell I even took a shot at painting the thing!

So yeah, good luck with the repaint! I seriously can't get enough of seeing different versions of this thing!!!!!!
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:25 AM   #302
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post

That's this statue. It's just not a good statue/sculpt. If you have it then you know this. What makes this statue so cool is whatever magic Grog did to make it so cheap that people just picked it up and started playing with it. The repaints and mods I have seen on this thing in this thread are amazing. Hell I even took a shot at painting the thing!

So yeah, good luck with the repaint! I seriously can't get enough of seeing different versions of this thing!!!!!!
Grog should be banned from this forum for supporting conman and thieves
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:42 AM   #303
dao2
Cyclops

lolwat?
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:11 PM   #304
Grog
SF Minister of Etiquette and Protocol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
Grog should be banned from this forum for supporting conman and thieves
you should be banned for being one of the biggest douchebags on the planet. You truly are 100% a complete dick
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:38 PM   #305
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

I heard you get banned when you reach 100% status

anywayyyyz- hope to start goofin around with the airbrush on this piece soon. time to hit youtube for some tips...
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:21 PM   #306
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:

I don't agree with this necessarily. It is a Shiflett Brothers sculpt done in Shiflett Brothers style. Some like it and some don't. I think it works good for this piece but it is definitely an identifiable style. I can tell a Shiflett Bros sculpt on sight.

TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:40 PM   #307
dao2
Cyclops

I don't like it either, they've done some nice stuff before that looks normal but that style of theirs to me just looks like an unfinished sculpture.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:16 PM   #308
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
I heard you get banned when you reach 100% status

anywayyyyz- hope to start goofin around with the airbrush on this piece soon. time to hit youtube for some tips...
If you see a good tutorial on that please post a link here!!!
Old 01-16-2017, 08:32 PM   #309
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I don't agree with this necessarily. It is a Shiflett Brothers sculpt done in Shiflett Brothers style. Some like it and some don't. I think it works good for this piece but it is definitely an identifiable style. I can tell a Shiflett Bros sculpt on sight.

Ok... both of those sculps literally can wipe thier butt with the Viking!!!! Those two look awesome.

The reason I say it's not good is based on a few things. My number one complaint is the cape/cloak. It is obvious where and how it attaches. It just looks like there was no effort put into fitting it on. From a personal point, I don't like how short it is. It reminds me of an old woman's shawl. They should have left it off or made it bigger and more imposing. I also don't like how the statue fits on the base and the position of the head. It almost has to be displayed at eye level or higher to be appreciated.

As for the unfinished look... that's just the sculpting style. I'm guessing this piece was sculpted from clay and not on a computer. I like the veins and anatomy. It looks bad ass, despite the wonky leg position.

Now don't get me wrong... I like it, for the price...
Old 01-17-2017, 12:39 AM   #310
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
If you see a good tutorial on that please post a link here!!!
found this one a while back seemed like a lot of good tips. I need to go back n watch the whole series.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj3r6_6Dg6c

The cloak on Viking where it fits never looked like a seam to me- came across as a double-layered effect. I've got him on my highest shelf and him looking down is kinda badass from up there.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote