Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 12-15-2016, 04:58 PM   #11
ReTardist
The Herculoids

actually that's just a poorly composed screen grab. the actual sculpt is balanced.
ReTardist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 05:27 PM   #12
AndAlsoTheTrees
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
lol i thought you were talking about her breasts

Now you mention it, there's definitly a gravity issue in that garden of Eden ! (but this one is for better...)
AndAlsoTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:11 PM   #13
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
It's not an apple. It's the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil... I like how it is because it's not sitting on her hand, it's rolling off almost... right into Adams. I think it's perfect.
Its an apple...
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:57 PM   #14
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Its an apple...
He's right really, the bible never says it's an apple. along the way people have started using apple but there's not really any definitive word what fruit it is. This looks like an apple and that's what he was going after but you could say anything. Also real fruit looks totally different then the fruit we eat nowadays after hundreds of years of selective breeding. Fruits and vegetables look really ----ed up naturally :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 08:49 PM   #15
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

An Old Testament Bible heroes line would be pretty sweet.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:04 PM   #16
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
He's right really, the bible never says it's an apple. along the way people have started using apple but there's not really any definitive word what fruit it is. This looks like an apple and that's what he was going after but you could say anything. Also real fruit looks totally different then the fruit we eat nowadays after hundreds of years of selective breeding. Fruits and vegetables look really ----ed up naturally :P
Yeah I was messing around.
I'm aware the bible doesn't use the word apple and that its been portrayed as a few difference fruits in art over the last thousand+ years, with apple being the most popular choice.

...doesn't change the fact that in this case, its a god damn apple.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:05 PM   #17
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
An Old Testament Bible heroes line would be pretty sweet.
I totally agree, but how many sexy girl sculpts can you pull out of that... Eve was sexy and really there isn't anything offensive about her because she is supposed to be naked... but if he did a half naked Rebekah or Rachelle people would really take offense. I think there was a pretty famous girl... who I think was a prostitute that spiked a guy's head to his tent floor... Bathsheba maybe? And he could probably get away pretty easy with Delilah.

For the men he's got a wide range... Sampson is a no brainier. David... and how cool would a 1/4 scale David and Goliath be! That could be truely epic. Moses was pretty buff in his youth. There could be an Adam complimentary piece for Eve. There are nephilium or fallen angels in there.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:31 PM   #18
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

yeah theres a lot of cool material. Gideon with a flaming pitcher and horn- surrounded by fire, Elijah in a chariot of fire, Joshua charging up a rubble wall, an ancient Methuselah... could also do a villian line with Nimrod and the tower, Nebuchadnezzar, Pharoah, Ahab/Jezebel, lotsa stuff...
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 12:37 AM   #19
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

If methuselah came about before Hades what would that say :-P
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 02:07 PM   #20
Spencer T.
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
For the men he's got a wide range... Sampson is a no brainier. David... and how cool would a 1/4 scale David and Goliath be! That could be truely epic. Moses was pretty buff in his youth. There could be an Adam complimentary piece for Eve. There are nephilium or fallen angels in there.
A David and Goliath would be a massive statue. Goliath at 1/4 scale would be nearly 25 inches by himself and that doesn't include any kind of base we would put down or any weapons we might give him.
Spencer T. is offline   Reply With Quote