Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 05-19-2017, 11:36 PM   #21
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
That's not a major concern. They are going to pack it up and send it back. I guess they will send me a shipping invoice soon. I'm not dieing for it, it's a horrible conversion job and a crap repaint. So basically it's a lesson learned for me. Once again, this isn't really Arahoms fault. It's just one of those things that didn't work out due to a bunch of crap falling apart. Anyway, it's going to be a project and learning experience in statue modification and repainting.

I need to figure out what I want to mod her into, as I want to distance it from the ARH character collection.
Well good luck, there's plenty of youtube tutorials on customization also check out the from our bench section, plenty of good people to get info ftom.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:44 PM   #22
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

I don't get why people put up with this crap and keep coming back for more.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:11 AM   #23
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
I don't get why people put up with this crap and keep coming back for more.
For me, it was a case of nothing that bad happening to me... until it did. He had a pretty closed niche market two years ago making semi-nude/nude statues. Sonif you wanted one, you put up with the nonsense and supported his vision. Now, he's not cornering the market anymore. Better companies are making better statues. And you also need to consider the state of affairs now is a result of a two year spiral of misjudging his market, bad luck, poor decision making, worse customer service and downright incompetent.

ARH was on the right track, but mismanagement, dishonestly and constant failure to deliver on promises has pretty much killed it, despite the best efforts of loyal customers.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 02:26 AM   #24
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Wow, two new pages of updates, giggity!

It's really something to see this unfold. Many times I was interested in ordering something from them direct, but their old shoddy site chased me away. Always had alarm bells going off.

Anyway, hope it works out for you Warlock, you probably emptied their account for a few days on that refund.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:47 AM   #25
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Wow, two new pages of updates, giggity!

It's really something to see this unfold. Many times I was interested in ordering something from them direct, but their old shoddy site chased me away. Always had alarm bells going off.

Anyway, hope it works out for you Warlock, you probably emptied their account for a few days on that refund.
Yeah, I might have, but that's on them. What they should have done with my $425 from sha-Ryn is take $200 to pay off Arhian 3, $50 to pre pay shipping, another $50 to ship The Queen and then refunded $125... or they could have kept the $125 and fixed my Queen. That's what I suggested to them, but no. They just wanted to be horrible, so now they are $300 short, owe another $100 to me, the sha-Ryn is still the in dispute and the Queen needs shipping paid. They honest to God make their own issues.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:40 AM   #26
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
For me, it was a case of nothing that bad happening to me... until it did. He had a pretty closed niche market two years ago making semi-nude/nude statues. Sonif you wanted one, you put up with the nonsense and supported his vision. Now, he's not cornering the market anymore. Better companies are making better statues. And you also need to consider the state of affairs now is a result of a two year spiral of misjudging his market, bad luck, poor decision making, worse customer service and downright incompetent.

ARH was on the right track, but mismanagement, dishonestly and constant failure to deliver on promises has pretty much killed it, despite the best efforts of loyal customers.
I actually might be doing a statue that makes Warlock happy, though it won't be nude. I approached a friend of mine that does some tattoo and pin-up modeling on the side about using her likeness for a piece and she seems excited by the idea so if I can get myself back in working order next month it'll be one of the projects I start on.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:30 AM   #27
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I actually might be doing a statue that makes Warlock happy, though it won't be nude. I approached a friend of mine that does some tattoo and pin-up modeling on the side about using her likeness for a piece and she seems excited by the idea so if I can get myself back in working order next month it'll be one of the projects I start on.
then it won't make warlock happy.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:02 AM   #28
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
then it won't make warlock happy.
Close only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades?
Old 05-20-2017, 11:18 AM   #29
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I actually might be doing a statue that makes Warlock happy, though it won't be nude.
I don't think happy means what you think it means.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:07 PM   #30
Plutoniumrab
Frackin!

Warlock likes statues of man with big titties.
Plutoniumrab is offline   Reply With Quote