Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 11-21-2021, 09:51 AM   #1
ukshaun
Hercules

Gaming Heads - Tomb Raider?: The Angel of Darkness - Lara Croft 1:4

Gaming Heads - Tomb Raider?: The Angel of Darkness - Lara Croft 1/6th

Accused of the murder of her former mentor the famous archaeologist Werner Von Croy, Lara Croft becomes a fugitive on the run. In an attempt to clear her name, Lara must confront a powerful secret alliance intent on taking over the world.

The design of Lara from Tomb Raider?: The Angel of Darkness was inspired by the cover art of the game with Lara holding both of her pistols straight ahead of her, with a steely determined expression and all while she stands atop a stone slab. She has also been designed to complement the four previous statues in the 1:6 scale series of Tomb Raider? statues.

The Lara Croft Tomb Raider?: The Angel of Darkness Exclusive edition statue is only available here at Gaming Heads and has Lara wearing her sunglasses with the Chirugai (Kurtis' mystic weapon) in her right hand while she points her pistol skywards with her left hand. It also includes the parts that come with the Standard edition statue, which are Lara holding her dual pistols pointing straight head.

Standing almost 18" (45.5cm) tall from the bottom of the base to the top of Lara's pistol, the Lara Croft Tomb Raider?: The Angel of Darkness Exclusive edition statue is made using polystone resin and is meticulously hand-crafted by artisans*.

* ESTIMATED SHIPPING DATE Q2 2022 *

$429.99

I know nothing about Gaming Heads statues.
Lara looks ok, if somewhat simplistic. I guess it reflects the IP
Price seems high for what it is. Add another $100 and it would be heading into Sideshow Collectibles territory.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 01:16 PM   #2
Gannon
Sailor Moon

It's not 1/4. It's 1/6. It's not even 18" on the base.
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 05:08 PM   #3
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Uhh... it's 1/6 and part of that anniversary diorama. Not sure where you gotten that 1/4 scale info. In the description you posted it even states it's 1/6 scale for crying out loud

Anyway, already ordered this back in july. They still need to send out the two before this one.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 05:36 PM   #4
ukshaun
Hercules

My bad. I was looking at 4 Coke cans stacked, in my mind figured it was 1/4 scale. So it's not even 1/5th scale.
I figured the price reflected in the basic nature of the piece. If it is 1/6 scale, then price fails make sense.
Maybe a mod could fixed the title/topic from 1/4 to 1/6
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 11:14 AM   #5
AC_808
Hercules

Wow! ...429.99 for that small scale figure?

Seems kinda high.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 08:46 PM   #6
Dreamland
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I wish this was a little bigger, like 1/4 scale I would have probably bought one, would fit in my collection
And yeah I agree, price is too high for what it is
Dreamland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 11:47 PM   #7
rennervision
Frackin!

Anyone anywhere have any inkling about where we are with the production of this? Mine has been on order for over a year, and anytime I email Gaming Heads about it they imply it will be shipping in a couple of months which is obviously... a lie.
rennervision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 01:52 PM   #8
StefanCo
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennervision View Post
Anyone anywhere have any inkling about where we are with the production of this? Mine has been on order for over a year, and anytime I email Gaming Heads about it they imply it will be shipping in a couple of months which is obviously... a lie.
You're not the only one. My brother has the same experience. No clear communication in their side. I'm glad I didn't get this line, since it was tempting, but I kept the money for other statues.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 11:21 AM   #9
rennervision
Frackin!

So two years after I preordered it, I see the first of 8 monthly payments charged to my card on June 13th. (Even though my payment date is supposed to be the 5th. ) I assume this meant the statue was finally in production but now July 13th has passed and there's been no new monthly charge. (So I guess I can expect my monthly charge to appear every two years on my card. Meaning this will be done in 16 years.)
rennervision is offline   Reply With Quote