Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 09-27-2021, 06:21 PM   #141
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
That's some great use of space within your collection. I'm a believer that if you have an open spot then it is incumbent upon you to find a collectible to display their.
totally, the concept of this display space and how its been put to use has changed several times since the original design. i was going to hang three framed comics in this space but after finding the helmets i couldnt get the idea out of my head. now that all the display shelves are built things are coming into focus a little better

speaking of plans changing heres a project that wasnt even on my radar a year ago. while thinking of what to do with another statue thats sitting in a box i had this idea of converting a pcs guile into the savage dragon. the other statue remains in its box but this one is ready for paint!

a relatively straight forward conversion, the most difficult part was the lower torso. as it comes the pose has him almost squatting down, his right thigh is almost parallel to the ground and like most street fighter statues had the in game anatomy (huge legs and feet). i reduced the overall size of those by about 30%, repositioned the legs, replaced his boots with tennis shoes and reworked the portrait

neither of the heads sat flush so i picked the best one, reworked the neck and jaw line and permanently attached the head after adding the fin and eyebrows. the fin is anchored into place with three nails that run almost the total height to prevent sagging. probably not needed but at the time i thought it was a good idea

i added a cracked concrete layer to give the base some context and called it good. will be sending this off to Ed Bradley for painting and getting some mixed media clothing to bring everything together, ive been working with a really great tailor out of Singapore on some projects lately

lens distortion makes the legs look a little stubby from some angles due to the pose but rest assured the anatomy is correct

SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:31 PM   #142
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Wow. Great job! Cannot wait to see it painted and clothed!
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 10:48 PM   #143
batmbeyond
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Wow. Great job! Cannot wait to see it painted and clothed!
batmbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 09:21 AM   #144
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Oh ! Eric Larsen's The Dragon. This is probably the comics that i followed the longest as single issues 'cause i loved the 90s cartoon when i was little. (:

i came on board like 100th issue and then collected the both latest issues and early issues like 0-70 or something... then i hated what DC did with Batman, and quit comics all to gather for a while... I'm not super fanatic about Batman anymore as an adult. May be i should find my The Dragon floppies box, reread them and collect the gaps and stuff...

Good Looking Statue so far. I can't wait for the finished statue. I only have the Mcfarlane Figure of way back as sealed and love that figure.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 10:56 AM   #145
Asgard
Deadman

I don't know the character but the statue looks really great.
I especially like the shoes. Good work
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 11:20 AM   #146
SONICobra
Batman

thanks for the comments guys, should be sending out to the tailor soon

not a new piece but with all the cable drama i thought id share a couple pics of the PF to show why its my favorite. love the pose, love the sculpt, love the portrait, paint apps are vibrant and clean and has a nice reasonable footprint. i display mine without the portals, it does leave empty key holes in the back but as you can see not visible when displayed (as long as its not on a turn table)

Old 11-13-2021, 12:17 PM   #147
veryfigurefans
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The statue looks really cool. Congratulations.
veryfigurefans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 11:18 AM   #148
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryfigurefans View Post
The statue looks really cool. Congratulations.
thanks!
Old 12-13-2021, 11:23 AM   #149
SONICobra
Batman

thought i posted these in here, apparently not - THE BEAST by xm

Old 12-13-2021, 11:44 AM   #150
Augen
Metal Men

Great X-Men set up and collection
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote