Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-30-2021, 02:07 PM   #111
koflach
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'm probably going to go for the Ultron Vision figure or the Batman 2 Catwoman by Tweeterhead.
koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 02:13 PM   #112
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWarsIsGood View Post
I assume if the points were set to expire you lose them. Otherwise you could hide your expiring points in a preorder you never intend to buy.
I’m not sure that would totally work. If the preorder is ‘still’ on track to meet its shipping window I think you lose the rewards, however if it gets delayed (Prime 1) then I believe they’ll reapply them to you.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 02:23 PM   #113
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Once you use your reward points they are gone and if you choose to cancel an order. Well, those points that you used are gone for good. So, it's best that you find something that you like and use them on it. This has been the case since the inception of Sideshow's Reward Points.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 02:29 PM   #114
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Once you use your reward points they are gone and if you choose to cancel an order. Well, those points that you used are gone for good. So, it's best that you find something that you like and use them on it. This has been the case since the inception of Sideshow's Reward Points.
I don’t believe that’s correct. They used to say that they allowed you to cancel your first ever preorder without consequences. Though that one you may have had to correspond with Sideshow to get that to work.

And I’m quite sure you get them back for much delayed pieces.

And yes I have cancelled a much delayed order and received the rewards back. And I used the automated cancel function on the order and I got the rewards added back to my account.

From the Sideshow website:

“ Rewards redeemed on an order that is canceled or returned will be automatically returned to the collector's account.”
Old 10-30-2021, 03:25 PM   #115
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Two Contenders:

P1 Jungle Hunter Predator
- Its Absolute Perfection. Everything I wanted in a Predator Statue. Two cons is that its expensive as hell but its also completely massive. After seeing him next to that Arkham Asylum Batman...not sure if I have the room for this guy

Darth Vader Premium Format:
- I really like this one. Grim Reaper Vibe, good pose, multiple good angles, and of course far more affordable and less real estate.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 03:46 PM   #116
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Nothing, Sideshow is yesterday. This is the age of Prime 1.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 03:47 PM   #117
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Nothing, Sideshow is yesterday. This is the age of Prime 1.
Then order a Prime 1 piece from Sideshows website (of course only if shipping and other charges are similar)
Old 10-30-2021, 03:52 PM   #118
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I decided to use some of them on Christmas presents...get some cool stuff for people and save myself some actual cash.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 04:20 PM   #119
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I don’t believe that’s correct. They used to say that they allowed you to cancel your first ever preorder without consequences. Though that one you may have had to correspond with Sideshow to get that to work.

And I’m quite sure you get them back for much delayed pieces.

And yes I have cancelled a much delayed order and received the rewards back. And I used the automated cancel function on the order and I got the rewards added back to my account.

From the Sideshow website:

“ Rewards redeemed on an order that is canceled or returned will be automatically returned to the collector's account.”
So, then you don't lose your points now?

Well color me confused...
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 07:36 PM   #120
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
So, then you don't lose your points now?

Well color me confused...
Cancels from delays or possible 'first-time courtesy' cancels, and defective product returns - are all legitimate, so I'm not surprised they would refund whatever funding source you used. But - now that there is a time limit on Reward Points, even though they are refunded, I'll bet they will institute (if they haven't already) a limited-time grace period where you will have to spend them again before they disappear.

No doubt they'll close any open loopholes as soon as they encounter them.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote