Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-05-2021, 04:14 PM   #151
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
SSC aren't letting most people hide points in orders though, as the NRD only gets refunded under certain circumstances. Most of the time the customer eats the cost when cancelling
Yeah, they SSC usually let you slide on the first cancellation. But I have heard of them doing it twice giving the right story...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I had a preorder through Sideshow for a Prime 1 piece that isn't expected until mid-late 2022 that I had used over 400 points on. I wasn't sure that I wanted to keep the preorder, and figuring that I would lose the points if I cancelled after the new near, I cancelled the order a few months ago and used the points towards Deadpool.
Yeah, the Doctor Doom Maquette couldn't have come at a better time. I had $450 in points so I blew the wad on that piece.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 04:46 PM   #152
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

I will be waiting for the J. Scott Campbell new Red Riding Hood statue. I am also considering looking at the Sideshow Colossus Premium Format.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 05:55 PM   #153
StarWarsIsGood
Birdman

I feel like the new policy will end up being if you cancel a preorder, you get your RP back if they weren't set to expire. If the original expiration date has passed, you lose them. That's what makes the most sense for them to do anyway.
StarWarsIsGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 06:31 PM   #154
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWarsIsGood View Post
I feel like the new policy will end up being if you cancel a preorder, you get your RP back if they weren't set to expire. If the original expiration date has passed, you lose them. That's what makes the most sense for them to do anyway.
For some reason I doubt it.

This was last year, so I can’t check my rewards history, but when I cancelled something the old points didn’t reappear on the rewards in its old position on the list. It was put at the top of the page with the new date that it was reactivated. Yes it was the old system, but it would also be the easiest thing for them to do.

I personally think it would be unfair to lose the points on something that has been delayed. For example I ordered the life size Aquaman King Trident. It was supposed to originally ship in the April to June 2019 shipping window. So that’s 28 months late! So if I were to cancel in January it would be through no fault of mine, and to be penalised would be as I said unfair.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 07:28 PM   #155
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
So that’s 28 months late!
Jeeesus! You're a more patient man than I
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 07:40 PM   #156
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Jeeesus! You're a more patient man than I

Yup I’ve even received the 1/2 scale Aquaman from Queen before this trident which I ordered a year prior to that one

It doesn’t help that this so called replica is also under scaled by like a foot.

And most Replica companies are terrible with ETA’s. This one is from Factory Entertainment, but just look at eFX or Anovos who are just as bad.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 03:27 PM   #157
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Wiped out my $200+ on Din Djarin/Grogu, now it's a clean slate again. May the incoming RPs surround me like the Force.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DinDjarinCanvas.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	143921  
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 07:06 PM   #158
Dark Knight.
Birdman

Used all my points on symbiote spidey. After seeing all the reviews, I couldn’t resist. Can’t wait to add this
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 07:19 PM   #159
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Trying to decide on the SS Darth Vader or go crazy and get the p1 1/3 Predator
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 07:25 PM   #160
Phazed
The Spirit

Just to clarify, if I cancel an order that I used points on that I accumulated over the past couple years, will I or will I not get the points back? Had I not used the points, they prob would have expired so not sure I wanna risk cancelling. Will
lose the NRD for sure
Phazed is offline   Reply With Quote