Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 01-29-2009, 02:25 PM   #11
protector2814
Phoenix

Daredevil was a good read, it did indeed have that classic, almost Miller feel to it. The offer to Matt was unexpected and interesting. Wish the story had actually finished though although I think Lady Bullseye worked out wonderfully as a new addition to the DD Rogues' Gallery.
Real sorry to see the 2 converted to hand-sters. Why go to all that trouble creating a cool origin if your just gonna hand-ify the person in DD?
and ... put a baseball cap on Izo and he is Stick.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #12
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
Hey JOe, what do you think of this review of Final Crisis #7:

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=user_review&id=689

I don't know if I have read too many reviews that demean its audience more than this one.
Mike, as I mentioned in another thread regarding this review, it is every bit as insulting as Final Crisis, itself. It's the artist and writer's responsibility to bring the reader along. Steering off course or leaving some elements vague to heighten the suspense and create drama and surprise is one thing, but simply not providing information and expecting the reader to do the work to figure out what the hell is going on is like slapping the reader in the face.

This is a comic book. It is not Faulkner, Joyce, Hawthorne, Milton or works by other similar writers that require the kind of research and understanding college level professors expect from their students when analyzing these works.

Both Morrison and this reviewer need to get their heads out of their collective asses and get back in touch with their audiences. Other companies that fail their target audiences like this suffer severe losses or even go out of business.

Last edited by wktf; 01-29-2009 at 02:56 PM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:17 PM   #13
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Great reviews Sammy and Joe... The Mighty Dawg is back from bidnuz and has joined the fray and his post has been added to the top.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:37 PM   #14
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Both Morrison and this reviewer need to get their heads out of their collective asses and get back in touch with their audiences. Other companies that fail their target audiences like this suffer severe losses or even go out of business.
I wholeheartedly agree! What a world of difference between smart, intelligent comics like Sandman vs the self-indulgent vanity project that was Final Crisis.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:57 PM   #15
whd
Suicide Squad

It will be interesting to see how much of FC is ignored by other DC writers as time goes on. I can't imagine there will be much that is embraced. I assume the Fifth World will end up populated with the same gods from the Fourth World, including Darkseid.

One of the few ideas that I thought was kind of cool, was that the Question had inspired the look of the Global Peace Agents from Kirby's OMAC series. I'm not sure what happened with any of them, but I do remember seeing the characters in Final Crisis.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:32 AM   #16
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
I wholeheartedly agree! What a world of difference between smart, intelligent comics like Sandman vs the self-indulgent vanity project that was Final Crisis.
So we really DO agree sometimes!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #17
Skulboy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Agree on Final Crisis. Just awful, confusing mess.
For me, DC has been on an ugly downward spiral since the graphic rape scene in Identity Crisis.

Also agree on Cap America. Still a gripping action packed read, and on time every month. This is a comic book done right. Now, Marvel, DON'T mark this up to $3.99.
Skulboy is offline   Reply With Quote