Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 10-08-2014, 01:51 PM   #11
toty21
The Avengers

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by alterton View Post
Toty21: I believe HCG only has the alien license for vehicules and props, not characters, sorry.
Hey Alterton, do you think any chance of a large scale dropship?
toty21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:17 AM   #12
carty1983
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

i was not being rude i was being honest, this is the place to talk about stuff like this, but read the comments man, does it not seem like a coincidence that most people think it looks awful, im not trying to put anyone down but i am going be honest about it, i wish they were good because i would love to buy both but i will say what i see, shame because i think a lot of people have been waiting for a sideshow myers for a long time so if yours had of been half way decent i think it would of sold out very fast
carty1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:52 AM   #13
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carty1983 View Post
i was not being rude i was being honest, this is the place to talk about stuff like this, but read the comments man, does it not seem like a coincidence that most people think it looks awful, im not trying to put anyone down but i am going be honest about it, i wish they were good because i would love to buy both but i will say what i see, shame because i think a lot of people have been waiting for a sideshow myers for a long time so if yours had of been half way decent i think it would of sold out very fast
Actually, you are being rude and disrespectful. It's one thing to offer a critique, but referring to someone's work as horrible or garbage is out of line.

If you don't like a pose or character design that's fine, we all have differing opinions, but post your comments with respect or don't post at all.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #14
alterton
Sculptor
Sculptor

toty, I believe a dropship has been planned, dont know size
Sanhaim, company picked the pose, licensor approved it. Not much to say there.
And carty, ok kid, I am sorry but you are gonna have to wait for another company to do what you are expecting.
Thanks Nidgit.
alterton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #15
carty1983
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

YES BOSS MAN
carty1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:27 PM   #16
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Up for pre-order

http://www.hollywood-collectibles.co...roductid=16511

Decent price for the size, but the pose kills it for me. Did Michael Myers ever pose like that? Also, the spattered blood base is very cheap and tacky looking. Completely ruins the peice for me.

As a Michael Myers nut, never thought I'd give an easy pass to a 1/4 scale Myers.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:37 PM   #17
BLADES OF STEAL
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Up for pre-order

http://www.hollywood-collectibles.co...roductid=16511

Decent price for the size, but the pose kills it for me. Did Michael Myers ever pose like that? Also, the spattered blood base is very cheap and tacky looking. Completely ruins the peice for me.

As a Michael Myers nut, never thought I'd give an easy pass to a 1/4 scale Myers.

I think when he was coming through the closet to get Laurie in part 1 he held the knife that way. I definetly feel your pain on this one.
BLADES OF STEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:58 PM   #18
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

This piece is weak IMO. The pose, the base. Just don't like it.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:13 PM   #19
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I think this is a piece which would have benefited from having cloth, the boiler suit just doesn't work as a fully sculpted piece imo.

Also with such a simple characters i think more of a diorama base would have worked better.

Shame as i would love a decent 1/4 Myers.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:10 PM   #20
Markhatestoys
Justice League

I don't hate the pose and I'm pretty sure Michael did that a few times throughout the various movies. But for $350 I really need more than that little section of floor or whatever as a base. Especially since, as has been mentioned, Michael's look is so simple: just a mask and coveralls. He really would have benefited from a cloth outfit; as it stands now there isn't much difference at all between him and one of those 18" statues from Mezco or Neca. I do think the sculptor did a nice job making the mask look neutral and yet also menacing: so many Myers sculpts never pull it off and we end up getting truly goofy looking "expressions" on the masks, especially combined with wild hair.

If they added a real diorama type base I might have pulled the trigger. $350 is too much for something so basic.
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote