Old 10-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #21
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Ordered!!!

Old 10-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #22
Atheris
The Maxx

I wonder if this piece will be worth more then the SS version when it sells out since the ES is a lot smaller?

Was the base to the SS version machined aluminium? I'm just trying to gauge the differences between the two. So far the descriptions and materials used seem to exactly the same.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #23
thx217
Ultimates

This could be interesting. With the additional $250 more than the SS version, they added acrylic tube case, weathered look, light up base and good to see they limited it at 500 pcs, which is also less than SS edition size. Humm....

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=8307
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #24
Atheris
The Maxx

That's what I'm thinking. Im just wondering which is the better value in terms or build quality?

I know HCG to make some really cheap shoddy stuff, which personally I don't think is collectible at all. But this seems to be pretty on par with the SS version.

I've been comparing pictures of the two and the HCG version seems a "little" different in the piston area. And I always get nervous when a company adds a battle damaged dirty look because that usually means their going to try and hide poor manufacture quality.

So I don't know now...

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #25
FROBAY
Phoenix

Ordered
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:17 AM   #26
Jerseydevil
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
This could be interesting. With the additional $250 more than the SS version, they added acrylic tube case, weathered look, light up base and good to see they limited it at 500 pcs, which is also less than SS edition size. Humm....
I looked at HCG's description a number of times for language relating to a "weathered look" but can't find it. Did you read about it elsewhere? (P.S. Thanks for summing up the differences between the SS piece and HCG's- it really helps).
Jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:33 AM   #27
RabagaZt
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Anyone from Europe ordered this? Just wondering what the shippingcost might be.
RabagaZt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:40 AM   #28
dfchang
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
I wonder if this piece will be worth more then the SS version when it sells out since the ES is a lot smaller?

Was the base to the SS version machined aluminium? I'm just trying to gauge the differences between the two. So far the descriptions and materials used seem to exactly the same.

Chris
I have the Sideshow version, Chris, and the base is NOT aluminum (it would be ridiculously heavy if it were). There's a guy on the other side of the pond named RussReplicas who can do a very good one for you but it'll run you close to a grand with shipping. Price also includes an acrylic tube.

The Sideshow version is OKAY in my opinion. It's almost all chromed resin, but it has a nice hefty weight to it.

The description of the HCG one is promising. The addition of LED lighting from the base as well as the acrylic tube is already a plus in my opinion. The EXECUTION of the supposedly "triple plated chrome" will go a long way to determining how classy the collectible feels.

I have the HCG T-2 chip and flask and have to tell you it feels like a cheap, plastic toy. I MUCH prefer Russ's aluminum version.

However, the HCG one is officially licensed, more accurate, and has the LED lighting which really sets off the piece nicely.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this piece looks and feels a lot nicer with better materials than the flask.

I'm a die hard Stan Winston and Terminator fan so I ordered this one regardless, hope it turns out well.

The Sideshow version routinely goes from 1000 to 1500 on the open market so another 500 especially from another company isn't going to do a whole lot to change value in my opinion. Whether it becomes MORE valuable will depend again on build quality.

HCG has had a few pretty horrible fiascos with paintjob and production so again I'm keeping my fingers crossed here.
dfchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:08 AM   #29
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Old 10-16-2012, 02:21 AM   #30
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
I need that facehugger in the Facebook pics.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote