Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-23-2023, 05:18 PM   #21
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Online poll winners will be dominated by Batman related characters unfortunately.
Which is why it might be best if the poll were ONLY reserved for Batman rogues & family.
They'll be getting made anyway, so the poll will only make a difference in how soon a particular character gets produced, rather than IF they ever do.

I think busts at 1/3 scale are a great idea.
Should be popular, and come in at a reasonable price point.
If they were going true bust style (no arms, only head and shoulders and a little sliver of chest) I'd prefer to see them in 1/2 scale. 1/3 will be better suited for these bisected figures.

I'm also all for deco designs for uniformity and clean simplicity- but this looks a little awkward to me here. If you are going to cut a figure in half, the base seems like it should be composed to look a little more discrete. Ditching the vertical slats (which mimic tiny legs) might be better.
JMO.
Not saying below is the ideal to strive for, but when you extend a uniform base vertically, with a full half a figure perched on top, how it cuts that figure off is always going to look awkward. Because of that, I would make the base element as low profile as possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	basemockup.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	163768  
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 05:41 PM   #22
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
]

Which is why it might be best if the poll were ONLY reserved for Batman rogues & family.
They'll be getting made anyway, so the poll will only make a difference in how soon a particular character gets produced, rather than IF they ever do.

If they were going true bust style (no arms, only head and shoulders and a little sliver of chest) I'd prefer to see them in 1/2 scale. 1/3 will be better suited for these bisected figures.

I'm also all for deco designs for uniformity and clean simplicity- but this looks a little awkward to me here. I hate to say make it bigger, but if you are going to cut a figure in half, the base seems like it should be sized enough, or composed, to provide some visual counterbalance (width-wise). One way to do that here is to ditch the top half (vertical slats) of the base which mimic tiny legs, and have that sunburst flare slightly overlap the waist of each figure.
JMO.
Not saying below is the ideal to strive for, but when you extend a uniform base vertically, with a full half a figure perched on top, how it cuts that figure off is always going to look awkward.
I do like your render/concept better on these small scale. It's ok on life size.
Yellowbeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 08:41 PM   #23
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post

I'm also all for deco designs for uniformity and clean simplicity- but this looks a little awkward to me here. If you are going to cut a figure in half, the base seems like it should be composed to look a little more discrete. Ditching the vertical slats (which mimic tiny legs) might be better.
JMO.
Not saying below is the ideal to strive for, but when you extend a uniform base vertically, with a full half a figure perched on top, how it cuts that figure off is always going to look awkward. Because of that, I would make the base element as low profile as possible.
I do like this better but then it has more of a GG/DST bust feel and I imagine tweeterhead wants to distinguish themselves from that.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 02:44 PM   #24
king_marvel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
It looks fantastic. I like the online poll idea. If these are successful it would be nice to see Tweeterhead do some DC busts in a scale that would match the 2.0 Tweeterhead line of some DC characters that would probably never make it to a statue.
This looks good. I like the idea of some smaller busts in line with the size of the 2.0 line. It would be nice for those of us with limited display space.
king_marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 12:08 PM   #25
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
We have been working all year to develop a brand new line of collectibles that will give our fans a new way to add characters to their collection in an impressive 1/3 scale format! We're super stoked to unveil the first piece in this line: the 1:3 scale Superman bust!

Quote:
This impressive piece, a gorgeous half-body bust that depicts the Man of Steel from his head to his trunks in an unmistakable comic-inspired pose, can be yours for just $300! We've worked hard to produce this line at a price point that will be collector friendly, without compromising any of the detail or design you've come to expect from Tweeterhead.

Stay tuned for more, as this is just the inaugural masterpiece in our new line of meticulously crafted 1:3 scale polystone busts, designed to bring your favorite DC characters to life in an impressive, highly collectible way!
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 01:01 PM   #26
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

It’s great that we’re seeing this announced, but I’m still hoping for a few more DC characters for them to produce
I hope the DC statue line is not over with
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 01:14 PM   #27
Lugnuts
Birdman

I don’t like how it cuts off. It’s weird. Could have had a normal bust, cutting off at the belt, or above the belt, not have it cut off at a weird angle through his groin.
It’s also supposed to be $300. Not bad, so for $300 more we can have a full statue! That would be nice.
I hope they do the full League.
If the final product turns out great I’ll happily buy this.
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 01:24 PM   #28
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnuts View Post
I don?t like how it cuts off. It?s weird. Could have had a normal bust, cutting off at the belt, or above the belt, not have it cut off at a weird angle through his groin.
It?s also supposed to be $300. Not bad, so for $300 more we can have a full statue! That would be nice.
I hope they do the full League.
If the final product turns out great I?ll happily buy this.
I don't mind the diagonal cut at all. I assume they're giving us the maximum amount of Supes that the license allows.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 01:34 PM   #29
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
It?s great that we?re seeing this announced, but I?m still hoping for a few more DC characters for them to produce
I hope the DC statue line is not over with
Yeah, sounds like just another excuse to do the Trinity AGAIN.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 01:38 PM   #30
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yeah, sounds like just another excuse to do the Trinity AGAIN.
You'll see other renders very soon, and they won't be Batman or Wonder Woman.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote