Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 11-01-2016, 04:38 PM   #1001
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I loved my Bowen...but once I got the ARH in hand, I was blown away...without a doubt the ARH is on another level than the Bowen.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:46 PM   #1002
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
I loved my Bowen...but once I got the ARH in hand, I was blown away...without a doubt the ARH is on another level than the Bowen.
I agree.

The ARH Barbarian vs the Moore Barbarian is a tougher call for me. Love them both but like Clay's Conan better and ARH's Slave Girl better.

I am also shocked at how fantastic Atlantis turned out. I originally ordered it just because it was a Frazetta and planned to display it but wasn't really excited about it. But to see it in hand it is a fantastic and impressive piece to be sure. One of my top 5 favorite statues for sure.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 05:22 PM   #1003
warhead

Without a doubt I think Clays version of Frazetta's Barbarian is still the best version out there...the ARH version is good but falls just a little short sculptwise to me, the paintup sucked on my ARH so it didn't help my opinion...had some flawed casting in some areas on mines.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:03 PM   #1004
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Without a doubt I think Clays version of Frazetta's Barbarian is still the best version out there...the ARH version is good but falls just a little short sculptwise to me, the paintup sucked on my ARH so it didn't help my opinion...had some flawed casting in some areas on mines.
Interesting point about the paint. Factory paint on Moore's wasn't good either but we have seen a lot of great pro paint ups. I would love to see a really great repaint of an ARH, but sadly I wouldn't be able to afford it so I would need someone else to do it.

Saul is redoing my Viking but he is really backed up I guess
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:46 PM   #1005
warhead

I definitely will repaint my barbarian...right now will be focusing on doing some customization and repainting on Deathdealer 1 and 3.

Also did some custom work on the Viking, just gotta repaint him when I get the chance.
http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=287
Old 11-01-2016, 09:49 PM   #1006
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Agreed.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:46 AM   #1007
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
On the good news front I haven't heard of anyone having any breakage issues on this statue. Outlikealight did get one with either no paint app or paint rubbed off but he is the only one I am aware of. Hopefully yours arrives in good shape.
One of my horse legs broke off and another minor break as well. Got to see about exchanging it tomorrow.
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:16 PM   #1008
Rokdweller
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Interesting point about the paint. Factory paint on Moore's wasn't good either but we have seen a lot of great pro paint ups. I would love to see a really great repaint of an ARH, but sadly I wouldn't be able to afford it so I would need someone else to do it.
Dropped my Barbarian off for a re-paint but he won't get the treatment until December. Excited to see him with the paint job he deserves!
Rokdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:30 PM   #1009
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
I know I own the best Medusa statue ever made. Easy blows the old Medusa out of the water. I did not think I would like it more than the older Medusa..but I do!! It really is a magnificent piece. I would put this in number 1 spot of ARH pieces. Pure Epicness!!

Quote:
Without a doubt I think Clays version of Frazetta's Barbarian is still the best version out there...the ARH version is good but falls just a little short sculptwise to me....
In total agreement with both of these opinions!

Owning the Moore Barbarian with an incredible paintup is the reason I passed on the ARH version. Ehren did a fantastic job but Clay had the added benefit of having Frank Frazetta to consult with and guide as he sculpted.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:30 AM   #1010
warhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokdweller View Post
Dropped my Barbarian off for a re-paint but he won't get the treatment until December. Excited to see him with the paint job he deserves!
Congrats!..Who you got painting him...gotta fix some casting stuff on mines before I repaint him...