Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 06-19-2020, 06:02 PM   #3221
cyberpunk12
Shadowhawk

Thanks for the feedback. I wish you had been able to score a perfect paintup but you're looking at it the right way.

I know there were some ups and downs with factory paints. I got some flawless busts/statues and I got a few that looked pretty sloppy... but anything I had trouble with paint-wise was later in the release dates... probably as Randy tried to move production around due to rising prices.

I do want to point out that Bowen always offered me an exchange or return on the occasions I asked. Bad paint jobs are more subjective than breakage... their customer service was second to none (wasn't Heather awesome?).

I bought the grey version (#6) from the Vault with the intention to repaint it one day.

It's still grey.
cyberpunk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:06 PM   #3222
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Congrats Cyber-Lip. It's a great Bowen piece.
Old 06-19-2020, 06:17 PM   #3223
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpunk12 View Post

I bought the grey version (#6) from the Vault with the intention to repaint it one day.

It's still grey.
I think we all need to have a moment of silence for the great memories (and better deals) from the Vault
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 04:29 PM   #3224
BobAgentOfHYDRA
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I picked up the original Cyclops mini-bust on eBay for about $60 with S&H. When I received it, there is noticeable paint wear on the chin and upper lip. Seller advises they did not notice the paint wear and has offered full refund for return or partial refund.

When looking for images online, I noticed that pictures from some other sellers had the same paint wear in the same area. Was this a known defect on this mini-bust?

Trying to figure out what to do as this is the cheapest listing for this piece I have seen in a while.
BobAgentOfHYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 05:02 PM   #3225
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I do not recall that being a problem with the mini bust. I believe that Cyclops was one of the first bust Bowen did.

I would say that you should check with your LCBS to see if they no someone who is good at statue repair and repainting. That mini bust usually does go for alot since it is so old and if you could find someone who could do a good repaint job that might be your best bet.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 01:47 AM   #3226
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Finally got a hold of these Iron Man mini-busts. Now my Avengers display feels more complete.

alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 03:07 PM   #3227
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
I just re-bought this guy:

I had him once before, but then sold him when I bought the first Sideshow Hulk. Have since sold that and am back to this one again. It's a classic and should have never sold it. I first bought this one at SDCC and walked around carrying it all day, and carried it home on the place as carry-on! Geez, should have never sold something I worked so hard for.

Also just got the Abomination to with it, which I've also had before and sold LOL

I’ve got these two facing off head to head next to an easel’d copy of Tales to Astonish #91, whose cover seems to be the inspiration for their face off and poses.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 12:01 AM   #3228
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

That's my display plan for them too. I have TTA 91, I should do that too. Although it's not one of Kane's greatest covers lol
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:05 PM   #3229
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
That's my display plan for them too. I have TTA 91, I should do that too. Although it's not one of Kane's greatest covers lol
It’s not, but it sure looks good next to these two statues.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 01:53 PM   #3230
kujwa
Justice League

Latest haul

Won these off eBay couple weeks ago. Unfortunately the Blastaar was broken but not specified during the auction. Luckily it was easy enough to fix but I paid a good amount for him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7A6B70D0-7EC6-4E74-B184-B781D7C0F998.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	131416   Click image for larger version

Name:	64E11763-0910-4759-8755-7F22ECC51674.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	131417  
kujwa is offline   Reply With Quote