Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Aquaman vs Sub-Marriner
Aquaman 4 12.90%
Sub-Marriner 27 87.10%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2019, 08:11 PM   #1
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Aquaman vs Sub-Marriner

Namor vs Orin, who wins ?
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:56 PM   #2
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Namor is far stronger, Hulk level strength when in the water, and a far more savage and experienced fighter. No question, in my mind, that Namor takes this easily.

All due respect to Arthur, a character I’ve loved for decades, but that DC vs Marvel battle where Arthur wins by dropping a whale on Namor is just absurd. And Arthur just doesn’t have the strength, speed, skill and savagery of Namor to take this.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 08:14 AM   #3
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

not really sure myself
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:01 AM   #4
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Namor is far stronger, Hulk level strength when in the water, and a far more savage and experienced fighter. No question, in my mind, that Namor takes this easily.

All due respect to Arthur, a character I’ve loved for decades, but that DC vs Marvel battle where Arthur wins by dropping a whale on Namor is just absurd. And Arthur just doesn’t have the strength, speed, skill and savagery of Namor to take this.
absolutely agree
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:29 PM   #5
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Namor would pimp slap Aquaman and then bang his wife.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:32 PM   #6
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Imperious Rex!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:14 AM   #7
Peedi
The Secret Six

Traditionally I’d go with Namor. Aquaman has been pretty beefed up over the years though. He’s even done well fighting against Superman at this point. As far as strength he appears to be just under Wonder Woman, who is just under Superman.

Still, Namor is older, more experienced and a bit more savage. He just gets stupidly snubbed, like having a whale dropped on him on DC VS Marvel, or when Thing pinned him under water in AvX using giant tusks, the same tusks Namor just ripped out. Victim of stupid writing.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 04:14 PM   #8
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Traditionally I’d go with Namor. Aquaman has been pretty beefed up over the years though. He’s even done well fighting against Superman at this point. As far as strength he appears to be just under Wonder Woman, who is just under Superman.

Still, Namor is older, more experienced and a bit more savage. He just gets stupidly snubbed, like having a whale dropped on him on DC VS Marvel, or when Thing pinned him under water in AvX using giant tusks, the same tusks Namor just ripped out. Victim of stupid writing.
I wouldn't say that wonder woman is just under superman. That's like saying Sharapova is just under Serena... which is to say, there isn't any competition there to speak of. To the main topic, I think Namor is much older and just more of a warrior and a tactician, compared to Arthur. I don't see a pathway to victory for Aquaman here
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 01:11 AM   #9
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I’ve been a lifelong fan of Namor and I’m trying not to be bias but if you follow modern Namor story lines he now has a new major ability to control water like never before : hydrokinisis . In the story arch where the Avengers go on undersea Namor witch hunt he basically hands all of them their asses ( that included some major powerhouses like Captain Marvel and Thor). Heck he actually stopped Mjolnir with one hand and held it in place freezing Thor .

Aquaman wouldn’t stand much chance with this new power level Namor .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 01:18 AM   #10
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

but what about Namor vs Mera? They both have hydrokinisis power and I wonder how he would fare again her (since after decades DC is finally realizing the true potential of Mera, thanks to Geoff Johns).
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote