Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-06-2020, 11:04 AM   #10691
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Last EX was sold for 1500 USD

Is 1350 USD minus Ebay fees. I guess in an auction it will be less than that.

Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:23 AM   #10692
chronos1919
Nightwing

I had one offered to me for even less than that through eBay. I think the hype has died down on this piece.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:44 AM   #10693
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Huge ES on the CE. Not so much on the EX.
Agreed. I think some good Grenada are being seen with so many pieces out there prices are dropping because people can’t sell high that easily anymore . Def buyers market
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:46 AM   #10694
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Hype is long gone.

But I don't care. I still LOOOVE mine!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:46 AM   #10695
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Hype is long gone.

But I don't care. I still LOOOVE mine!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:48 AM   #10696
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Enough for it to sell out, that much I can guarantee. I have already seen plenty of people saying thier ordering this, including myself. Is it a slap in the face when companies make 1:1 stautues that cost $5k+? There are all different levels of sizing, all different levels of quality, all different levels of pricing and so on and so forth. Thats not a slap in the face to fans. In fact, its the exact opposite as its giving fans a WIDE range of products that they can choose from based on exactly what thier looking for or can afford. Again, this is not a Premium Format piece. Its a Maquette and those are usually more expensive than their PF pieces. Sideshow's PF's are still averaging around the $500 range right now. Just becasue Sideshow releases a Maquette here and there that has a high price tag....well, equating that to a slap in the face makes no sense at all. Again, if that were the case then you should be in every 1:1 thread as well making the same exact complaints after all, how many people can afford a 1:1 statue or wants to pay that much for a statue?. If you want to complain that they made this a maquette as opposed to just making a premium format version of Thanos then by all mean have at it, but suggesting that its a slap in the face that Sideshow produce a wide range of products, covering all different levels of pricing just doesnt make any sense. Again, if anything that is doing what every company should do, give people as many options as possible and covering all the bases size wise and price wise.

Personally, I am glad hey made this a maquette as opposed to a PF as I have been looking for a killer centerpiece for my collection for a long time. Had Sideshow gone the PF route with Thanos, it wouldn't have been nearly as nice as this piece is. I for one am definitely happy they decided to make a $1200 maquette over a $700-$800 PF for Thanos. I guarantee the difference between the two quality wise would have been considerable.

No offence, but you clearly don't understand the 2nd hand market very well at all. I guarantee with 100% certainty that if this sells out today, you will see people buying EX's on eBay for significantly more than the MSRP. It happens every single time with highly sought after collectibles that sell out quickly. It doesnt matter if its statues, prints, comic varaints, limited edition art books, sketchbooks, etc. The thing people like you fail to understand is there are a lot of collectors out there that have a LOT of money and have no problem paying an extra $500+ for a statue they really want. Over 1700 people a DAY become millionaires in the US alone. IF even just 1% of those people were collectors....well, again there are a LOT of collectors out there with VERY DEEP pocket books and those people have no problem paying more for pieces they missed out on at retail.
Too bad this guy got the boot. He bet me on this as well! What a tool. lol
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 01:49 PM   #10697
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Lmao
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 02:43 PM   #10698
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
Last EX was sold for 1500 USD

Is 1350 USD minus Ebay fees. I guess in an auction it will be less than that.

Chris

Not to mention paypal fees which aren't insignificant these days..
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:27 PM   #10699
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I do miss the Orange Crush one page, single posts. They made threads progress in page numbers so quickly!

I am sure that in time my XM Storm will drop in price. I have no plans to sell, but if I did, I know I should have done it long ago to triple the original price.

But I don't buy to flip and if I need to move a piece I do it and take my chances.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 03:27 PM   #10700
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Deleted....we all know what happened....
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote