Old 12-12-2023, 10:14 PM   #271
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Nice, nice, nice! Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
This looks so good!!! Thanks for posting the photos. Looks incredible!
Thanks all!
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 12:10 AM   #272
tech0506
Doh!

Long time lurker first time posting. I’ve gotten 2 of these so far and both had issues with the right leg (color coded red). The first one the leg wouldnt slot into the key all the way and the second one so loose it comes out and can’t support the weight of the Spider-Man body. Has another one had issues?
tech0506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 12:45 AM   #273
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech0506 View Post
Long time lurker first time posting. I?ve gotten 2 of these so far and both had issues with the right leg (color coded red). The first one the leg wouldnt slot into the key all the way and the second one so loose it comes out and can?t support the weight of the Spider-Man body. Has another one had issues?
Is that leg the main metal support or just one of the 2 polystone ones?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 08:53 AM   #274
tech0506
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Is that leg the main metal support or just one of the 2 polystone ones?
The polystone ones. Two in a row so I was wondering if others had issues.
tech0506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 09:42 AM   #275
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Long time lurker first time posting. I?ve gotten 2 of these so far and both had issues with the right leg (color coded red). The first one the leg wouldnt slot into the key all the way and the second one so loose it comes out and can?t support the weight of the Spider-Man body. Has another one had issues?

Yes, I've had issues. Don't know where you now stand with this? But be afraid. Very afraid, but hopeful.

Those "iron legs" are well designed with excellent support, & great paint, but you may find yourself out of luck if bent.

Sideshow is coming through, just waiting to receive hopefully a better view.

P.S. I always feared this. The low edition sized runs will be collecting headaches if something ever goes wrong. Replacements may be a mess, and patience it will test.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 08:08 PM   #276
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Just got mine. Fortunately no issues which is rare for me. But hey, I'll take the win and run with it! Solid piece. I love it.

They even wrapped the body, head, hands in a soft cloth to prevent damage. Love to see Sideshow stepping up its game like this. Good for them, good for us.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 01:47 AM   #277
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
One of mine was a bit loose and the other key was difficult to get in all of the way. It took wiggling at a specific angle to go it. Once it was assembled it felt very sturdy. The engineering seems pretty solid.

Major bummer you're having some issues.

If you can get the one leg to go in fully, the polystone will dehydrate and restrict over time to where it won't be such a tight fit. As far as the other leg you can use some two-part marine epoxy clay to build out the inside key hole if it's too loose. Just be sure you thoroughly clean any/all of the clay residue from the statue before you let it cure, because once it sets it'll be impossible to remove without damage. Hopefully they have another replacement for you. If they don't I do think you could manage a fix for that if you want to.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 02:20 AM   #278
ClayCollects
Frackin!

Be careful with this one guys. The top pointy parts of the leg can break if they bang up against that middle metal leg. So take your time when putting the body on. Mine chipped clean on that pointy piece of the orange coded leg. Its positioned rather close to the middle leg.
ClayCollects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 04:12 AM   #279
AC_808
Hercules

Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 08:11 AM   #280
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Sideshow came through with the replacement, & i'm glad to report that he fits, and is now hovering in space/place.

Great work, featuring flawless anatomy, excellent pose, great paint, & a spacial sculptural effect which should leave you breathless.

The base paint is a little simple(not enough depth), but if I had to make one change? It would be to add way more draping, heavier, thicker webbing throughout, making it much more prominent/dominant. As the concept/design is very cool, and the visual impact/contrast would have elevated this thing to drool status.

Great work, showcasing/celebrating the purity of sculpt, can't get enough.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote