Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-13-2022, 04:52 PM   #21
Bubsy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Oh god, Adam Driver would ---- himself if he saw this (note: he hates watching himself).
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 05:52 PM   #22
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I must admit that i don't like the squel trilogy,
though i have my figuarts Kylo Ren, BB8 and Rey Palpatin and squel Derelict Luke Skywalker figures... xD

I don't know why, i guess action figures being cheap helps... HA HA xD

But i don't like squel trilogy enough to get expensive high end statues or busts. May be a BB8...

I can't forgive the Squel Trilogy for extincting Skywalker bloodline... That was unforgivable...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 07:06 PM   #23
Bubsy

I only have the original PF Kylo Ren, whose the only redeeming element of the sequel trilogy. But overall agreed, Disney should reboot the sequel trilogy while Lucas is still alive with him serving as an Exec Producer (but actually have minimal contribution, just for marketing or he can attend a few meetings but nobody takes notes on what he says). They've got literally nothing as their next set of important SW movies so it doesn't hurt to pull a post-Amazing Spider-man 2 Sony here. Get an up and coming mid-30s person that's passionate about SW to be the new SW Feige (or as an anti-Kathleen Kennedy). Canon continuity wise, the impact is even minimal. They can continue to keep Mandalorian and any non-sequel trilogy IP they’ve created since the acquisition. Only things they steamroll in addition to the sequel movies would be some of the novels that’s been written around it. But those are usually terrible anyway so nobody cares. Disney still blew the chance to use Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher in a meaningful way. But setting a reboot trilogy far enough in the future where they’re dead but still part of the mythos is probably one way to use those characters.
Old 01-13-2022, 11:34 PM   #24
Aussiebot
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubsy View Post
I only have the original PF Kylo Ren, whose the only redeeming element of the sequel trilogy. But overall agreed, Disney should reboot the sequel trilogy while Lucas is still alive with him serving as an Exec Producer (but actually have minimal contribution, just for marketing or he can attend a few meetings but nobody takes notes on what he says). They've got literally nothing as their next set of important SW movies so it doesn't hurt to pull a post-Amazing Spider-man 2 Sony here. Get an up and coming mid-30s person that's passionate about SW to be the new SW Feige (or as an anti-Kathleen Kennedy). Canon continuity wise, the impact is even minimal. They can continue to keep Mandalorian and any non-sequel trilogy IP they?ve created since the acquisition. Only things they steamroll in addition to the sequel movies would be some of the novels that?s been created around it. But those are usually terrible anyway so nobody cares. Disney still blew the chance to use Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher in a meaningful way. But setting a reboot trilogy far enough in the future where they?re dead but still part of the mythos is probably one way to use those characters.
That's why the ST was so ---- is because nobody at Disney took notice of what George Lucas said. We need his input to make a worthwhile story.
Aussiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 01:19 AM   #25
Bubsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiebot View Post
That's why the ST was so ---- is because nobody at Disney took notice of what George Lucas said. We need his input to make a worthwhile story.
That's not the root cause because Lucas is horrible in his own ways. JJ Abrams admitted there was no comprehensive arc planned from the onset. TFA's only objective was to rehash ANH and it was set up in a way so that the trilogy can literally go in any direction afterwards (creative freedom!). Then Rian Johnson obliged and decided to make it edgy. The multi-director setup for each movie, where each director actually has some creative control and ability to go trampling off trail (ex: make Luke a hermit and a quitter) coupled with a franchise executive with no concrete vision (Kathleen Kennedy) was just a recipe for disaster in hindsight. ROS ended up needing to be a damage control movie that resulted in its own collateral damage. That's why you need a SW Feige who knows the universe inside out and is willing to work 100 hour weeks to make long-term arcs work.
Old 01-19-2022, 06:41 PM   #26
Dreamland
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I’m also in the camp that didn’t get the first Kylo Ren PF, but absolutely can’t wait to get my hands on this one without the mask.
Dreamland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 06:47 PM   #27
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I just can't unsee him from Duel now

He is no longer Kylo Ren
Biggunz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 03:16 PM   #28
schachi08
The Avengers

Kylo Ren is up for pre-order:

https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...tibles-300793?
schachi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 03:48 PM   #29
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I love that there’s a helmeted portrait as well.
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 05:23 PM   #30
SONICobra
Batman

despite how you may feel about the character you cant deny this is an awesome looking statue
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote