Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 12-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #791
tonyo09
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Just a suggestion Ed, maybe you can send us a checklist/ template on things we can customize per statue (one for the $200 and $300 paint ap)? Maybe this can give you a system to make things easier on your end and for those easily satisfied like myself, know that there is more we can customize on the painting of the stats
tonyo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #792
Artsta
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo09 View Post
Just a suggestion Ed, maybe you can send us a checklist/ template on things we can customize per statue (one for the $200 and $300 paint ap)? Maybe this can give you a system to make things easier on your end and for those easily satisfied like myself, know that there is more we can customize on the painting of the stats
Well he already said $200 will get you a basic base color and the regular color. $300 he does like 4-5 different shades/colors for depth perception. I'm sure it will make the world of difference.
Artsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:40 PM   #793
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsta View Post
Well he already said $200 will get you a basic base color and the regular color. $300 he does like 4-5 different shades/colors for depth perception. I'm sure it will make the world of difference.
Putting it like that makes it sound like he doesn't even care . $200 is quite a bit, so an addition of $100 shouldn't be going from 'well, whatever' to 'This.. is my MAGNUM OPUS!'. Can't wait for a visual comparison.
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:47 AM   #794
Rainy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liad View Post
Putting it like that makes it sound like he doesn't even care . $200 is quite a bit, so an addition of $100 shouldn't be going from 'well, whatever' to 'This.. is my MAGNUM OPUS!'. Can't wait for a visual comparison.
I agree with you Laid, he make sound like the $100 is a bribe to Ed to go professional while painting your statue , which I don't agree with.
I think what you will get with $200 is way better than what we get from china, but if you paid $100 for the paint job then Ed can turn the amazing paint job into an EPIC/AP level paint job.

to make it short think of it this way Ed's time=$30/hour regular paint job=6hrs and an amazing paint job=10hrs.
Rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #795
Artsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy View Post
I agree with you Laid, he make sound like the $100 is a bribe to Ed to go professional while painting your statue , which I don't agree with.
I think what you will get with $200 is way better than what we get from china, but if you paid $100 for the paint job then Ed can turn the amazing paint job into an EPIC/AP level paint job.

to make it short think of it this way Ed's time=$30/hour regular paint job=6hrs and an amazing paint job=10hrs.
Exactly. I'm not disregarding the $200 option, but for a little extra it'll be epic!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #796
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Exactly. I'm not disregarding the $200 option, but for a little extra it'll be epic!
A little extra? If 33% more is a little, I'd hate to know what a lot is.

I'm back and forth on this topic constantly in my mind. Do I go all out and get the best paint option and light up feature for $380 or do I just to the good paint option with no light up feature for $200? That's a $180 difference per kit each month. It's a tough decision when you don't have a disposable income.

The easiest thing is just to wait and see examples of what others have had done, but then again, waiting is so difficult since we've been anticipating these kits for so long!
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #797
Artsta

The wait is definitely hard, but I think I'm gonna not go with any lights for my characters. 1. I don't believe all characters will have translucent pieces. (Balrog, Dudley, Vega, Cammy...) So while it's a cool effect, if they can't all do it, then why have some do it. Only one I would consider, is Bison. Psycho Power should be evident in my opinion.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #798
Kadmos777
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post

I'm back and forth on this topic constantly in my mind. Do I go all out and get the best paint option and light up feature for $380 or do I just to the good paint option with no light up feature for $200? That's a $180 difference per kit each month. It's a tough decision when you don't have a disposable income.

The easiest thing is just to wait and see examples of what others have had done, but then again, waiting is so difficult since we've been anticipating these kits for so long!
I would suggest to keep the $80 of the light up feature and go $200 or $300. But then again I cannot imagine how important to your liking is this feature. In any way I 'd say keep the $80 cause with proper lighting this piece is not in the desperate need of an extra feature. Look at Ryu for example. A piece that deceive me at least from the pics shown that had same light up built in. But it does not.

Hope you get my thoughts but at the end it's what YOU like most. At least you know you can't go wrong eitherway
Kadmos777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #799
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post

$200 is lot already. I am not saying it's not worth it...but if you are planning to get 3+ more kits, then it might be better to learn how to paint yourself. Easier said then done right....
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #800
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
$200 is lot already. I am not saying it's not worth it...but if you are planning to get 3+ more kits, then it might be better to learn how to paint yourself. Easier said then done right....
I am planning to get a whole bunch, so it might be a good idea to learn how to paint these. The problem is that i'll never end up happy with what i've done, and they'll look awful in the beginning. I don't know if it's possible to remove the paint several times without hurting the statue. if it is, I can always go back and redo the work i've done earlier.

I say this, but i'll probably just leave it to the masters
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote