Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-11-2016, 11:46 PM   #521
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

If the detail and final production looks like it, then it's asking price is ok. But giving that Voltron is a nitch market and people who grew up with the show would spend $$$$ on it. This isn't transformers which has a bigger fan base.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:51 PM   #522
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I hope they sell the art prints for like USD$20+

I cannot afford the maquette

hope to buy the art prints.
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:03 AM   #523
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manboy View Post
good way to go out of business
Well it depends on the demand and breakeven point.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:33 AM   #524
gomur
The Tick

Edited. Too tired for the back and forth.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:50 AM   #525
One Above All

can I have a show of hands, how many souls here are buying the maquette?
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 01:16 AM   #526
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Edited. Too tired for the back and forth.
It was a good post. A sentiment I agreed with.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 02:35 AM   #527
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
It was a good post. A sentiment I agreed with.
Thanks Luminous. No doubt the opportunity will present itself again like next week if not tomorrow. Let's have a relatively peaceful night.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 02:55 AM   #528
darb

All the people complaining on here just make me shake my head constantly..in every thread..for over a decade.. Some act as if 10-20 people on this forum not buying something is gonna hurt them and cause them to go under lol.. This forum and its people are a drop in the pan compared to the market share world wide.

Its also incredibly selfish and greedy to expect a polished diamond for the price of cubic zirconium. Really for nothing more then your own benefit and with zero regard for the business and all the people involved in producing these pieces from start to the time the reach our hands.

Is this cheap?..NOPE. Do you need it to survive...NOPE. Will your life be adversely effected by not getting this piece or any of them really?... NOPE.

This is a luxury hobby as stated for your own enjoyment, if you dont like it or cant afford it dont buy it. I really want a new explorer but I cant afford another car payment but I wont complain to Ford because the price is so high and I dont need a second new vehicle just to have one.
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:20 AM   #529
manboy
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
All the people complaining on here just make me shake my head constantly..in every thread..for over a decade.. Some act as if 10-20 people on this forum not buying something is gonna hurt them and cause them to go under lol.. This forum and its people are a drop in the pan compared to the market share world wide.

Its also incredibly selfish and greedy to expect a polished diamond for the price of cubic zirconium. Really for nothing more then your own benefit and with zero regard for the business and all the people involved in producing these pieces from start to the time the reach our hands.

Is this cheap?..NOPE. Do you need it to survive...NOPE. Will your life be adversely effected by not getting this piece or any of them really?... NOPE.

This is a luxury hobby as stated for your own enjoyment, if you dont like it or cant afford it dont buy it. I really want a new explorer but I cant afford another car payment but I wont complain to Ford because the price is so high and I dont need a second new vehicle just to have one.

NOTHING talked about on this forum has anything to do with "the need to survive." This is a hobby forum which means all talk( positive and negative) should be seen within that scope and is therefore valid.

As for our opinions being a 'drop in the pan,' well not necessarily...In many cases, this forum is a RELATIVE test sample of the bigger picture of collector's worldwide. When we all say almost unanimously that something is overpriced and is not a slam-dunk purchase, although our opinions are a drop in a bucket, they are relative to a bigger silent majority that most likely thinks the same way.

We're not expecting to buy a polished diamond for the price of a cubic zirconium, we're expecting to buy a polished diamond for the price of a polished diamond.
manboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:27 AM   #530
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manboy View Post
NOTHING talked about on this forum has anything to do with "the need to survive." This is a hobby forum which means all talk( positive and negative) should be seen within that scope and is therefore valid.

As for our opinions being a 'drop in the pan,' well not necessarily...In many cases, this forum is a RELATIVE test sample of the bigger picture of collector's worldwide. When we all say almost unanimously that something is overpriced and is not a slam-dunk purchase, although our opinions are a drop in a bucket, they are relative to a bigger silent majority that most likely thinks the same way.

We're not expecting to buy a polished diamond for the price of a cubic zirconium, we're expecting to buy a polished diamond for the price of a polished diamond.

Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote