Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 09-13-2008, 08:49 PM   #21
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Museum glass is over-rated...Light your art correctly and there is no use for it...No sunlight...no fluorescent lighting...Non-glare glass allows light penetration...Regular glass reflects light...but has some glare...As before...no big deal if you light it properly...I keep my art in rooms that remain dark except for when I am in there...and then only area lighting is used...I've had some prints for over 25 years and there is no damage to any of them...and have used all types of glass...I can see no difference in any of them...Save your money on the Museum Glass and buy some more art...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #22
hazmatt
Death is hereditary.

those pieces look great monster. they will look even better framed. a red/blue double mat combo would look awesome on the surfer.

nuff.... when i was at the frame store having my uminga commission framed the framer was telling me a story about someone that brought an old piece in and wanted to find the same mat for another piece. they were matching color samples to the framed piece and for the life of them, could not find a matching mat. then they finally unframed the piece and saw that the mat was badly faded where it was exposed to the light and was a much darker color around the edges where it was covered by the frame.

the customer did not understand why and stated that she had the piece in a room with no direct sunlight and a minimal amount of windows. the problem being that even lights give off uv rays, even ambient light. therefore uv protected glass at the very least should be a must.

i'm not saying with 100% confidence that any of your prints are damaged, but it does not mean that the possibility of them being faded does not exist. things fade so slowly over time that it is imperceptible to the eye. the only way to tell would be to disassemble your frames and check em out.

overall, i know many people on here spend lots of money on original art and it does not make sense to me to spend so much money on the art and cheap out on framing and protecting it properly.
hazmatt is offline   Reply With Quote