Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 11-27-2008, 06:28 PM   #661
aMaZe
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Does anyone know where I can get a T-800 from in the UK, had no luck on eBay and Forbidden Planet are unlikely to get anymore in and I can't order direct from Cinemaquette

I have the alien which I got from play.com and have the predator on pre-order so would like the T-800 to complete the gang!
aMaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 07:43 PM   #662
bumblecat
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMaZe View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a T-800 from in the UK, had no luck on eBay and Forbidden Planet are unlikely to get anymore in and I can't order direct from Cinemaquette

I have the alien which I got from play.com and have the predator on pre-order so would like the T-800 to complete the gang!
I think you are fairly stuck if neither of those are selling it. Both did have the T800 up for a while recently, but it seems they have now taken them down.
If you are desperate, the best thing to do would be an import from the USA, though this piece is often known to have some issues in transit, and therefore having proper dealership backup is advisable in case of a fault.

May I ask what number Alien you received, and what your experience of Play.com was?
bumblecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:04 PM   #663
Nucking_Futs
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblecat View Post
I think you are fairly stuck if neither of those are selling it. Both did have the T800 up for a while recently, but it seems they have now taken them down.
If you are desperate, the best thing to do would be an import from the USA, though this piece is often known to have some issues in transit, and therefore having proper dealership backup is advisable in case of a fault.

May I ask what number Alien you received, and what your experience of Play.com was?
I had the Alien from Play.com with a perfect statue/delivery, number 280.
Buy loads from them without any problem, never any issue if you send anything back. The bonus is everything is FREE delivery.
Nucking_Futs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:47 PM   #664
aMaZe
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Play.com were good on this occasion and I have number 277 but they have let me down on a number of occasions with sending the wrong items, then when they try to send the right item they are out of stock.

It is a lottery with them from my experience, but with discount codes and free delivery I keep trying!
aMaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:16 PM   #665
RabagaZt
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Now you're scaring me.. what kind of issues?
I guess that my only chance to get this statue is to buy it from USA and shipping back a broken statue sounds very expensive.
RabagaZt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:05 PM   #666
RabagaZt
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Sorry for the bump, but I would like to know if this piece is likely to "fall apart" during shipping to Norway. Since this cost ALOT of money I'm a bit worried if it arrives damaged.(1500$ for the statue, 250$ shipping and then 25% taxes when it arrives in Norway)

During my search for this I've only found it on eBay, but IMO the seller doesnt look that safe to spend 1700$ on. Only positive feedback, but those items that are still available to see contains only "cheap-items" that doesnt cost that much money. Guess I'm a bit paranoid
Old 12-13-2008, 07:08 AM   #667
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

These maquettes are extremely well packed. It's unlikely anything will get damaged or "fall apart" during shipping. Though there's always the possibility, much like anything.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #668
hulkpitt
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I ordered one from the US to the UK last year and it arrived in perfect condition, no problems at all. Just make sure the person you buy from is an authorised CM dealer.

It's a superb statue and I have never regretted getting it.
hulkpitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:26 PM   #669
RabagaZt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkpitt View Post
Just make sure the person you buy from is an authorised CM dealer.
it.
I guess that those dealers do not sell their stuff on eBay?
How can I know if a seller is an authorised CM-dealer?

I know that ToyNK got one left, but it says "open in white box" and I dont know what they mean with that. They havent replied to my mail regarding that question either so it looks like I wont place an order there.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #670
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabagaZt View Post
I guess that those dealers do not sell their stuff on eBay?
How can I know if a seller is an authorised CM-dealer?

I know that ToyNK got one left, but it says "open in white box" and I dont know what they mean with that. They havent replied to my mail regarding that question either so it looks like I wont place an order there.
It sounds as if it's missing it's outer brown shipping box.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote