Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-17-2018, 12:16 AM   #6411
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
Is the Mark Brooks Spider-Man line meant to be just the 3 pieces up for order now, or is it supposed to be an ongoing line?
There is a possibly the line could extend past the 3. POSSIBLE...nothing 100% for sure at this time though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanJG1 View Post
Hi Alex,

I was wondering if Sideshow has plans to preview or solicit any new DC 1/6 figures? It seems like forever since we were shown the Flash at a previous SDCC.
Also, any chance for a 1/6 Captain America from Sideshow?
More DC and Marvel 1/6 scale figures are in the pipeline right now but as to what they are I'm not allowed to disclose such info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi View Post
Hi Alex,

I know, you cannot delivered this type of informations, but could you tell me if the price of Yoda Legendary Scale Figure will be similar to the R2D2 Legendary Scale Figure price? Or less?

And, when Yoda is supposed to delivered in preorder on your website?

Thank you.
I don't know the price point of the Yoda Legendary Scale Figure at this time. I typically am made aware of such information the week the item goes up for Pre-Order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie21 View Post
Hey Alex,

Since you guys are distributing IS Wolverine v Juggernaut & Batman v Bane; any chance you'll distribute the remaining Superman v Doomsday IS may have?? Or since they released a variant 1/3 Batman that you also distributed, any chance of that for the said SvD piece?
Same questions in regards for other previously released pieces such as Magneto v Sentinel; Spiderman v Venom??
No plans to distribute the Superman v Doomsday and the other vs pieces you mentioned above from Iron Studios at this time. Could that change? Possibly! But as of right now it's not something that will be occurring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Hey alex can you say how many characters are planned for the thundercats line?
Right now just the two. That could change of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Is the new Captain America and Black Widow PFs part of a new Modern Avengers line/set ?
Kind of like the 1:5 Avengers line where the characters are designed to display together with similar bases.
Captain America and Black Widow are more companion pieces (though they can look just fine solo too of course). Any future Marvel pieces might fit in due to costume choice but they wouldn't be specifically made to go exactly with Black Widow and Captain America theme wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWEN NUT View Post
Hi, this is gonna be a silly question I know....

Flash Premium Format Figure? To go with rest of JLA?

In the works? 12 Days of Sideshow? Comic Con 2018 reveal?

Something? Anything?

Thanks.
Flash...still a possible future item but I don't know if it's 100% for sure at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platty View Post
Hi Alex,

Will we ever see these two as premium formats? Thanks!

I really don't know, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
Hi Alex,
With a new DC trinity going to be released..will the old line be abandoned or will you guys still finish the original JL line? Honestly..though the new one looks good, I feel sad because I believe the old one should have been finished first before making a new one. I am hoping SS wont do this to us collectors who supported the original line.
More than likely any future DC items revealed will fit in the style that was shown during 12 Days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M View Post
Hi Alex
With the current previews on 12 days of sideshow being new takes on old pfs that sold well back in the day (from dc), can we expect a new joker life size bust? We sure need a new joker bust
Always a possibility that we'll revisit that character in Life-Size Bust form...but I don't know whether that's something in the pipeline at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny272 View Post
Hi Alex
I have collected 1/4 Batman comic from the start, with the new dc line Will we see no more for the other line, and Why , i am missing so many characters.
And then you do 3 of the same villains Why Not a Scarecrow, two-face so on and so on.

Even Robin before this 😩
Who's to say that the villains you mentioned above won't be coming in the future? Always possible!

Quote:
Hi Alex,
I or WE need answers here. What happened to this? It was teased a long time ago but since then we have heard nothing..now there is a new line and still no updates on this one..hope you can give us a concrete answer since I, for one am really disappointed with what is happening. Thanks!
IF a Flash is coming it would not be what was teased so long ago. It would more than likely fit more in line with the new DC pieces that were announced during 12 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
Curious with it being below zero in several parts of the Midwest/East will shipping affect statues being transported in that cold? Meaning are they more susceptible to breakage?

Thanks
There shouldn't be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statuehunter117 View Post
is sideshow doing away with movie statues? I noticed no movie statues recently, none in the 12 days preview either
We will continue to lean more toward comic versions but there will be occasional movie pieces in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister S. View Post
Hey Alex Happy New Year!!
Is there a way to search on the website by sculptor? If not, have you ever considered this?
Happy new year! You should be able to use our site search and artist names to find pieces as long as the artist is within the artist credits of the piece on site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
Disappointed the new Leia PF was not announced officially during your 12 days of christmas event..

Whats the latest on her?
She's still going through design and development at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
Is she the only SW PF for 2018 ?
There are more SW PF's planned for 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
hello SSAlex, long time, had a question concerning the new Stormtrooper PF and its armor. is there plans on fixing the armor's length on the arms and legs? there are significant gaps that should not be there. the elbow and the knees. and alot of us SW fans would really like for this issue to be addressed. thank you
There were some armor adjustments done to the piece post SDCC and further adjustments are not expected. This piece was designed with the character's stance in mind and hence the reason more of the undersuit is showing on certain parts of the piece where the arm and legs are bent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyvega002 View Post
Hey Alex,

I know getting a straight answer to this is a long shot, but is there a Cyclops PF planned in the near future for the new X-Men line?
Oooo...sorry but I really don't know if a Cyclops PF is in the works but I wouldn't be surprised if Sideshow didn't revisit that character at some point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIIIWARRIOR View Post
Can someone please make a true 1/4 scale or legendary scale McFarlane Spidey please?! Also, been waiting on a jacked up comic version of Captain America! No cloth please.
I don't know about a McFarlane Spidey but the brand new Captain America that was revealed during 12 Day is 100% all sculpt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Will we see a new Wonder Woman Art Print with the new Statue? Hopefully by herself.
It's possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinShin View Post
Hello Alex any idea on what the Magneto switch outs will be?

For the premium format, any PO date?

thanks
This week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Hey Alex,

Hope you had a great holiday!

Can you give us any clue when any of the Marvel 12 days items might be revealed? (Cap, black widow, daredevil or elecktra)

Also, are we going to see magneto soon? I remember original talks were he would be revealed before the end of 2017 if I'm not mistaken.
Capt, BW, Daredevil and Elektra should all Pre-Order within the first half of 2018 if they all remain on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Alex,

What has happened to the Magneto Premium Format that now makes it a maquette? Can you give a breakdown of how the company goes through the process of determining what is a maquette and what is a PF? Materials, build quality, paint detail, etc?

Thanks so much!
The complexity and overall size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Hi Alex, hope all is well. I had a question about the Taarna PF. The piece shown to date clearly has her hair as two separate halves, with a seam running along the top of her head, and extending all the way to the tip of the ends of her hair. Will this be the same in the production piece, or will her hair be a single piece? Thanks for the info in advance!
The seam on the hair is being taken care of in production to sheer that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonezy89 View Post
Hey Alex this is more a request if you could pass a suggestion on to the decision makers department is it possble to request for a thanos gauntlet to be made by any chance I think a lot of people would love a big ass stand alone gauntlet to be made thanks for your time

Unless there’s already one in the works lol ?
A 1:1 gauntlet? Sideshow doesn't have the rights to make such items at this time, so it wouldn't be possible. But such a great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibber82 View Post
Alex,

When will the PO for Orko start?
So soon!
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:46 AM   #6412
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Alex, thanks for answering so many questions (although I know some of these answers aren't going to make some collectors too happy - i.e., Magneto as a maquette, no Flash news, any future DC items in the new style shown at 12 days).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:35 AM   #6413
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Dear Alex,

How about a new fully sculpted Doctor Doom PF in near future? What say you?

JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:24 AM   #6414
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Hi, this is gonna be a silly question I know....
Flash Premium Format Figure? To go with rest of JLA?
In the works? 12 Days of Sideshow? Comic Con 2018 reveal?
Something? Anything?
Thanks.
Quote:
Hi Alex,
I or WE need answers here. What happened to this? It was teased a long time ago but since then we have heard nothing..now there is a new line and still no updates on this one..hope you can give us a concrete answer since I, for one am really disappointed with what is happening. Thanks!
Quote:
Hi Alex,
With a new DC trinity going to be released..will the old line be abandoned or will you guys still finish the original JL line? Honestly..though the new one looks good, I feel sad because I believe the old one should have been finished first before making a new one. I am hoping SS wont do this to us collectors who supported the original line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Flash...still a possible future item but I don't know if it's 100% for sure at this time.

IF a Flash is coming it would not be what was teased so long ago. It would more than likely fit more in line with the new DC pieces that were announced during 12 days.

More than likely any future DC items revealed will fit in the style that was shown during 12 Days.
Let me first say, Alex thank you for supporting this page and devoting your time to us. I/we realize youre just a messenger with limited info to provide.

Everyone is thinking it so Ill be the one to say it...

That being said, guys, you know if this is how SS wants to operate, abandoning a line after we've spent our money only to recreate the same figures to compliment a NEW line to POSSIBLY finish the big 7, so you have to purchase the figures again to compliment your future pieces/goals is just wrong.

Additionally, after years, SS refuses to provide loyal customers/fans with any insight as to why this obviously begged for character has not come to fruition. The last and only answer on Flash was recently and was we cant while P1 is making a Flash... really? How is this recent Batman being made while P1 is making a 1/4 N52 Batman? Regardless, answer your fans already.

Stop making or allocating resources to obscure DC characters no one is asking for BEFORE creating the ones your fans have been asking for and are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on. The same dollars that keep the hobby and business afloat (termed loosely).

Look there are plenty of smaller companies making excellent 1/4 characters with big name sculptors within the law and SS's ever increasing price range, go spend your money there. Why be loyal to a company that isn't loyal or respectful in return?

My $.02 on this BS and lack of transparency (at any level) and lack of loyal customer respect.

Again thank you Alex for support.

jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:12 AM   #6415
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Let me first say, Alex thank you for supporting this page and devoting your time to us. I/we realize youre just a messenger with limited info to provide.

Everyone is thinking it so Ill be the one to say it...

That being said, guys, you know if this is how SS wants to operate, abandoning a line after we've spent our money only to recreate the same figures to compliment a NEW line to POSSIBLY finish the big 7, so you have to purchase the figures again to compliment your future pieces/goals is just wrong.

Additionally, after years, SS refuses to provide loyal customers/fans with any insight as to why this basically begged for character has not come to fruition. The last answer on Flash was we cant while P1 is making a Flash... really? How is this recent Batman being made while P1 is making a 1/4 N52 Batman? Regardless, answer your fans already.

Stop making or allocating resources to obscure DC characters no one is asking for BEFORE creating the ones your fans have been asking for and are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on. The same dollars that keep the hobby and business afloat (termed loosely).

Look there are plenty of smaller companies making excellent customs with big name sculptors within the law and SS's ever increasing price range, go spend your money there so IF & WHEN SS decides they want to make those characters fans have been clamoring for, you'll already have it and that's one less sale SS makes.

My $.02 on this BS and lack of transparency (at any level) and lack of loyal customer respect.

Again thank you Alex for support.
I second this! Alex, I have to say I'm tremendously upset right now. I have bought the original Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Aquaman PFs. We are literally only 2 PFs away from completing the classic Big 7 JL lineup and now we are hearing that Flash and Martian Manhunter (if they are ever released) are going to be made to go with the new Trinity PFs. How can sideshow possibly throw their classic fans under the bus like that? I don't care about these revisits getting made. I understand the need to mix things up and appeal to different customers. However, at least complete what was started.

Alex, how is it fair to long time customers that sideshow won't even complete the classic Big 7 lineup? We need a classic Flash and Martian Manhunter PF. Please tell the powers that be at sideshow to finish what they started. As a long time customer I'm beyond irate right now knowing I'll never have a complete classic Big 7 PF lineup. Especially after all the money I spent on the original 5 classic PFs sideshow released. If I knew I wouldn't be able to have a complete Big 7 lineup, I never would've bought any of your classic PFs and I'm strongly considering dropping sideshow products entirely if all we are going to get in the future are PFs with modern sideshowified costumes instead of classic ones.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:51 AM   #6416
BOWEN NUT
Hydra

Sideshow has done a good job at providing a PF Avengers and X-Men line-up for Marvel fans but it seems like DC JLA fans are going to be left wanting. I call BULLSH*T.

I'd also like an answer regarding the Premium Art Print of the Flash that was offered without a supporting PF. What's the deal on that? That was a good pose with a good take on the classic costume. I'd pay for that as a PF.
BOWEN NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:51 PM   #6417
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Sideshow has done a good job at providing a PF Avengers and X-Men line-up for Marvel fans but it seems like DC JLA fans are going to be left wanting. I call BULLSH*T.

I'd also like an answer regarding the Premium Art Print of the Flash that was offered without a supporting PF. What's the deal on that? That was a good pose with a good take on the classic costume. I'd pay for that as a PF.
They have done a decent job on the Avengers line but are still lacking with the X-MEN. There's a smattering of 80s X-MEN PFs (Storm, Wolverine, and Phoenix). An incomplete Lee PF line (what X-MEN Lee lineup is complete without a white Lee Storm or Beast?). Also, let's not forget how sideshow left all the Astonishing Comiquette fans hanging when they totally abandoned that line.

The problem with the DC PF line is a bit different. After years of classic inspired costumes and thousands of dollars spent by sideshow's customers on their classic PFs....all of a sudden the game has changed and classic collectors have been hung out to dry.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:34 PM   #6418
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I second this! Alex, I have to say I'm tremendously upset right now. I have bought the original Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Aquaman PFs. We are literally only 2 PFs away from completing the classic Big 7 JL lineup and now we are hearing that Flash and Martian Manhunter (if they are ever released) are going to be made to go with the new Trinity PFs. How can sideshow possibly throw their classic fans under the bus like that? I don't care about these revisits getting made. I understand the need to mix things up and appeal to different customers. However, at least complete what was started.

Alex, how is it fair to long time customers that sideshow won't even complete the classic Big 7 lineup? We need a classic Flash and Martian Manhunter PF. Please tell the powers that be at sideshow to finish what they started. As a long time customer I'm beyond irate right now knowing I'll never have a complete classic Big 7 PF lineup. Especially after all the money I spent on the original 5 classic PFs sideshow released. If I knew I wouldn't be able to have a complete Big 7 lineup, I never would've bought any of your classic PFs and I'm strongly considering dropping sideshow products entirely if all we are going to get in the future are PFs with modern sideshowified costumes instead of classic ones.
If sideshow can produce a 1/3 scale sized Thanos by calling it a maquette, maybe Tweeterhead can do the same and put out 1/4 scale Flash and Martian Manhunter.

Cuz, you know, they're not 1/4 scale, they're maquettes!
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 02:11 PM   #6419
paco1977
Frackin!

SIDESHOW ESTOY ENFADADO, NO PUEDE SER QUE NO VAYAN A COMPLETAR LA LINEA DE LIGA DE LA JUSTICIA ACTUAL. YO SOY UN FIEL CLIENTE SUYO, COMO PUEDE SER QUE ME DEJEN SIN COMPLETAR MI COLECION DE PERSONAJES CLASICOS ???' QUIERO UNA RESPUESTA......
paco1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 02:13 PM   #6420
BOWEN NUT
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by paco1977 View Post
SIDESHOW ESTOY ENFADADO, NO PUEDE SER QUE NO VAYAN A COMPLETAR LA LINEA DE LIGA DE LA JUSTICIA ACTUAL. YO SOY UN FIEL CLIENTE SUYO, COMO PUEDE SER QUE ME DEJEN SIN COMPLETAR MI COLECION DE PERSONAJES CLASICOS ???' QUIERO UNA RESPUESTA......

YEAH! What he said!!!
BOWEN NUT is offline   Reply With Quote