Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-07-2017, 01:02 PM   #5981
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hi, SSAlex.I was on the sideshow website, and on the Voltron maquette page, it said collectors will need to assemble 11 pieces when setting Voltron up.Do you know which parts we'll need to assemble ourselves?Cheers!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:35 PM   #5982
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Thanks Alex. I saw a rumor that the life size Hulk bust was cancelled so your post seems to refute that.
Not sure why something would start an unfounded rumor, ha! The Hulk Life-Size Bust was never a cancelled project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
How many Marvel themed premium format reveals can we expect at SDCC? Any chance we can get numbers like 4 new marvel pieces, 4 DC, 2 Star Wars etc?
Again, sorry but I don't have a final list of what will be at SDCC, so any kind of breakdown of this type is not possible right now. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hi, SSAlex.I was on the sideshow website, and on the Voltron maquette page, it said collectors will need to assemble 11 pieces when setting Voltron up.Do you know which parts we'll need to assemble ourselves?Cheers!
Let's see, I just saw a production sample yesterday and the breakdown of pieces were as follows:

Base
Right leg
Left leg
Right arm with removable lower jaw of lion head (to put sword into place)
Left arm
Sword
Torso
Head
2 back 'wings'

So all those assembled make up Voltron!
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:10 PM   #5983
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hi, SSAlex.As you said you saw a production sample of the sideshow Voltron maquette, how close is it to the prototype, and how big is the display box for Voltron, compared to the display box for the Alien King maquette?Cheers!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #5984
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hi, SSAlex.As you said you saw a production sample of the sideshow Voltron maquette, how close is it to the prototype, and how big is the display box for Voltron, compared to the display box for the Alien King maquette?Cheers!
Voltron looked pretty close to the Prototype. I didn't see the box for Voltron in the review I was in, so I don't have a way to relay a comparison at this time. Sorry.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:55 PM   #5985
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Voltron looked pretty close to the Prototype. I didn't see the box for Voltron in the review I was in, so I don't have a way to relay a comparison at this time. Sorry.
...You guys get to sit in on reviews?? Who do I have to bribe?
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:00 PM   #5986
Vracula
Jedi Order

Alex are the turtles 1/5 or 1/6 scale? Thanks.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:08 PM   #5987
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
@ SSAlex: Igo previously confirmed they are around 1/5 scale but you said 1/6 the other day thus the confusion
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:52 PM   #5988
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
...You guys get to sit in on reviews?? Who do I have to bribe?
It's employee only. Bribes wouldn't work. Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I received my information directly from the project manager in charge of the TMNT line. They veer more toward a 1/6 scale sizing then 1/5 given the size the turtles would be in real life (if that makes sense). They still look like a good size to me (i.e.: they are larger than a normal sized human sixth scale figure for example) if the worry is these will be somehow teeny tiny.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:12 PM   #5989
BoardGameBuddha
Fantastic Four

Hey Alex,

Voltron will be my first ever SS Figure, getting myself into the Hobby, are any of our prayers being answered i.e all lions lighting up/sword or parts of Roman numerals on Base? and also, I Pray QC has left all the detail of the prototype... this is the reason I Broke myself Pre-Ordering this piece....

Thanks again in advance and P.S, you ROCK! :P
BoardGameBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:21 PM   #5990
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoardGameBuddha View Post
Hey Alex,

Voltron will be my first ever SS Figure, getting myself into the Hobby, are any of our prayers being answered i.e all lions lighting up/sword or parts of Roman numerals on Base? and also, I Pray QC has left all the detail of the prototype... this is the reason I Broke myself Pre-Ordering this piece....

Thanks again in advance and P.S, you ROCK! :P
I really hope you love it once you have it in hand. I found the piece to be quite impressive when I saw it a few days ago. As for the light-up features, the only part of the piece that will light up is on the portrait of the piece.