Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 06-24-2021, 06:40 PM   #1271
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu Sensui View Post
Hi all. Don't mean to bump an old thread but I didn't want to clog the old one and I had a question.

I decided to take the plunge and I received the Ultra SFV Pink Divekick Cammy. Definitely my last one as it's starting to look a bit crowded now.

Anyways this is the two headed one and the hair bang for the Closed Mouth Statue (B) isn't hanging in there. It seems like the very end isn't there like the Open Mouth Head (A) which holds just fine.

Is there any way to get ahold of those bangs at all? I know this is an older statue so it might be unlikely.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
If you mean get another bang piece and just that i can say next to zero chance....might have to wait many years to come across somebody selling just that part on ebay

Or you can buy another same statue and sell off the one you have now for a loss

Or the most reasonable way is for you to fix the problem some way ....you can always pay someone to do it

Or since its defective anyway just super glue it on
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:59 PM   #1272
Shinobu Sensui
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
If you mean get another bang piece and just that i can say next to zero chance....might have to wait many years to come across somebody selling just that part on ebay

Or you can buy another same statue and sell off the one you have now for a loss

Or the most reasonable way is for you to fix the problem some way ....you can always pay someone to do it

Or since its defective anyway just super glue it on
Unfortunately I don't see that statue for anything cheaper than $1k.

The seller is offering a return or a partial refund of $50. He did say he knew a repair person however. I might look into it but he said I'd have to send it off and everything.

Do you know any good repair people? Just learning what I can.

Thanks!
Shinobu Sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:08 PM   #1273
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu Sensui View Post
Unfortunately I don't see that statue for anything cheaper than $1k.

The seller is offering a return or a partial refund of $50. He did say he knew a repair person however. I might look into it but he said I'd have to send it off and everything.

Do you know any good repair people? Just learning what I can.

Thanks!
Ask around on the board for guys who will fix this....but also think when you send off your statue for repair it can get damaged...or when it gets shipped back to you after repairs....thats going to be a whole ball game there....you start with a very minor problem and end up with a major problem...

Or you can take the partial refund and live with it
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:31 PM   #1274
Shinobu Sensui

Good point. Or just return it. Like you said it can be a ton of hassle going through all of that.

When I saw the mouth closed version I thought I liked it more in the photos. Now I see it I think I like the mouth open. I'll see what I think tomorrow.

No need to pay a lot more for a head I don't use either way. I could find a non Ex one much cheaper even considering the partial refund. It's a cool statue though.

My other two statues are plenty as well tbh. I might just stay with those for now. I guess all things considered I should be glad those are good eh?
Old 06-24-2021, 11:57 PM   #1275
qz33
Doctor Doom

Never get so attached to a statue that you make regretful compromises.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 12:07 AM   #1276
Shinobu Sensui

Yea. The way I see it is I can't use one head which reduces utility.

I can't get the resale value from it since its damaged.

So I'm not winning on either front and it's becoming too much hassle.

Best to return it I think. There are always more statues should I pursue it.

I think I'm good with my current stock. Statues are a lot of work from beginning to end. I see that more and more now.

I'm sticking to drawing.

----

I just realized something more serious. I kind of figured but it seems the hair pieces for both heads are the same.

The reason that this is important is that even if I found a new hair piece, it wouldn't do any good since the actual "B" head (Cammy's mouth closed) has an issue with the insertion piece.

This is a bigger problem that severely limits the utility and value so I'll return it.

Thanks for your help guys.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:46 AM   #1277
MegatronG1
The X-Men

You'll find that collectors have wildly differing levels of tolerance with respect to aftermarket repairs, factory slop, final product in-hand impressions, that you take all those opinions with a grain of salt as you start knowing yourself better.

I don't buy secondhand anymore for those reasons as well as prices, because there's always the next thing coming, and I have other things to budget for, like some tech, gaming, and yeah getting back into drawing, which at this rate any hobby is looking good given how aggressively statues have inflated in the past decade.

That said, I can respect hunting down that personal grail piece that 2-3 new statues just won't make the cut, connection-wise. You gotta have non-negotiables at this point in the game.

There's so little I like anymore in the current crop of statues that I was wondering if I was getting jaded again (recent Prime 1 announcements) but no, I'm just really bored of the same pop culture retreads, and thirst for something new. Manga shows some promise, but they too fall into their comfort zones, and there's no chance I'll fall for any new fandom again. I'm well past that point.

Detachment is key, applicable to anything in life. If the wallet pain overshadows your enjoyment to own, or a repair breaks your artistic immersion, then yeah, you made the right call.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 06:39 AM   #1278
Shinobu Sensui

True. We are all different and have different expectations. I can be quite picky in real life, but I am more on the realistic side. For instance I did fix the loose threads on the other Cammy statues and it was no big deal but this is something I don't want to deal with.

I got this statue because I was eyeing it occasionally years ago. I always thought it looked pretty cool but I thought to myself, "no way would I spend so much on this, maybe it will go down later". I wasn't aware how much things were going to inflate. Of course now I spent way more on statues but I've also progressed career wise so it's not as bad.

As you said buying an older statue can have its snags. If something is no good then you're boned. Thankfully I got it off of eBay and he is letting me return it. I see another one available for a similar price but they are already pricey and he is saying in his description that "items damaged in shipment not the fault of seller". eBay doesn't really care about that but I'm kind of exhausted with the hassle.

There are those two new Cammy statues coming out, but I'm burnt out. Buying these expensive items, waiting all day for them to come, signing off, inspecting them, and maintaining them. It's a lot. On top of that I just bought a new laptop this week, and I bought a new mattress yesterday because I've been having sleep issues. It starts to add up in terms the hassle, clutter, and waiting around. I haven't even gotten much work done this week because I've been running around endlessly. I can also put my money to something more productive as well.

I do like the 1:3 ones as I think they make cool eye candy and bring out my work stations but that's enough. I never intended to have a house full of statues anyways. When I get them it's always like "I don't know if I should have spent so much on this" however they can grow on me.

With art I just sit back and do what I want. We all have to take breaks on things though. I for instance don't game anymore so I completely understand. Manga/anime is better to me than the direction comics has gone. Comics has started to fall more and more from its grace and the sales are reflecting it too. A bit off topic but I do understand.
Old 08-05-2021, 03:10 PM   #1279
Shinobu Sensui

Imagine the extreme "luck" I've had (sarcasm).

Found an ultra line Pink EX Cammy (like the one I had before). Managed to get it at a solid price. However the owner on Ebay said it was NIB (new in box) and that he had only checked the contents to make sure everything is good. However he had it listed as used.

I get this statue and it has the *same* issue my last one did. The hair bang for "B" is broken *again* and will not hold on the head. Kind of worn out with this process. It made me wonder if I had gotten the same statue but from a different person (passed around) but it's a different numbered box and card.

The seller is saying to just use some molding clay, but this is not something I've ever done. Also the box even has some stains in it so I wonder if it's actually "New in Box"?

Is modeling clay a hard process? I think this guy owes at least a partial refund. I don't feel like trying to repair something I just got.

The head is also scuffed as well. Not good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210805_141856.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	141854   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210805_141858.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	212.6 KB
ID:	141855   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210805_142213.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	141856   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210805_142218.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	141857   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210805_151937.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	141858  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210805_151948.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	141859  
Old 08-05-2021, 03:20 PM   #1280
deadpoolredsuit
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Old thread bumped. When i read 'Potential new Cammy!'
..my 1st thoughts were, oh-no, not another one! ;D
deadpoolredsuit is offline   Reply With Quote