Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 08-05-2021, 03:59 PM   #1281
Shinobu Sensui
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Nope none yet other than that swimsuit one coming soon.

I was posting about another issue.
Shinobu Sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 04:33 PM   #1282
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu Sensui View Post
Imagine the extreme "luck" I've had (sarcasm).

Found an ultra line Pink EX Cammy (like the one I had before). Managed to get it at a solid price. However the owner on Ebay said it was NIB (new in box) and that he had only checked the contents to make sure everything is good. However he had it listed as used.

I get this statue and it has the *same* issue my last one did. The hair bang for "B" is broken *again* and will not hold on the head. Kind of worn out with this process. It made me wonder if I had gotten the same statue but from a different person (passed around) but it's a different numbered box and card.

The seller is saying to just use some molding clay, but this is not something I've ever done. Also the box even has some stains in it so I wonder if it's actually "New in Box"?

Is modeling clay a hard process? I think this guy owes at least a partial refund. I don't feel like trying to repair something I just got.
well if you returned your first one for the defects you mentioned and this second one has the same then the answer is to return it again....dont bother with this seller....if he didnt mention the issues then he was just out to unload his crap on somebody else....return it for a refund and leave him negative feedback....done
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 05:35 PM   #1283
Shinobu Sensui

True. I thought it was a little odd with the way the listing was. Unfortunately it's the only one. The seller is fighting me on it, essentially saying "tough luck, fix it yourself" trying to say he doesn't take returns and he mentioned it was "used". Some people are unreal. I'm talking to eBay about it now.

I think I'm done for a while with this. I'm with Megatron. Buy new statues if you're going to as the statue quality has gone way up (along with the price ), also you have a warranty and you can go to a trusted retailer with spare parts if needed.

Not to mention they make another new Cammy Statue like every other week haha.

Thanks for giving me your opinion.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:14 PM   #1284
thecollector80

Quote:
True. I thought it was a little odd with the way the listing was. Unfortunately it's the only one. The seller is fighting me on it, essentially saying "tough luck, fix it yourself" trying to say he doesn't take returns and he mentioned it was "used". Some people are unreal. I'm talking to eBay about it now.

I think I'm done for a while with this. I'm with Megatron. Buy new statues if you're going to as the statue quality has gone way up (along with the price ), also you have a warranty and you can go to a trusted retailer with spare parts if needed.

Not to mention they make another new Cammy Statue like every other week haha.

Thanks for giving me your opinion.
yep always buy new from reputable dealers online or if you still have those collectible shops in your city or county and they sell statues you can also go that way and inspect before you buy....

buying used or "new" statues on ebay or amazon or anywhere else secondary is just pure luck if the transaction goes smooth...from my experience statue buying on these secondary sites are always a trouble...theres always something that goes bad at some point....but as buyer on ebay it dont matter if the seller does not accept returns just put in the request for a return on your ebay dashboard and the seller has no option except to accept it....its even better now for buyers because of the ebay managed payment system where seller funds get put on hold if a dispute pops up....so i hear out there
Old 08-05-2021, 07:38 PM   #1285
Shinobu Sensui

You're completely right and lesson learned. Amazon and eBay are great for things that are common. I've even bought phones and computers off of there in some situations. As long as they have a good return policy and a high reputation I don't have much of an issues 95+% of the time.

However with rare collectors items and "unique items" that are frequently faked (common in some industries like health, skincare, memory sticks, etc) it's better not to use eBay at all. Amazon does have 30 days on it but I wouldn't buy rare or collector items on there either. Nobody likes to do returns on expensive collectors items (which is understandable) so it's risky. Unless it's damaged and you're getting replacements like with the new stuff.

From now on it's like you said, new from reputable dealers. When I say new I don't just mean new condition, I also mean a newer statue that's recent and can be ordered easily. That way I can get replacements as well. Like Megatron said it makes the most sense as the quality has gone way up anyways and it's less hassle.

The only way I'd buy an older statue now is like you said, in person and where I can review it before buying it.

The good news is I initiated the return and he has to eat it. The bad news is I now have to sit and pack and clean this up.

Ah well, lesson learned.
Old 08-05-2021, 08:05 PM   #1286
thecollector80

Quote:
You're completely right and lesson learned. Amazon and eBay are great for things that are common. I've even bought phones and computers off of there in some situations. As long as they have a good return policy and a high reputation I don't have much of an issues 95+% of the time.

However with rare collectors items and "unique items" that are frequently faked (common in some industries like health, skincare, memory sticks, etc) it's better not to use eBay at all. Amazon does have 30 days on it but I wouldn't buy rare or collector items on there either. Nobody likes to do returns on expensive collectors items (which is understandable) so it's risky. Unless it's damaged and you're getting replacements like with the new stuff.

From now on it's like you said, new from reputable dealers. When I say new I don't just mean new condition, I also mean a newer statue that's recent and can be ordered easily. That way I can get replacements as well. Like Megatron said it makes the most sense as the quality has gone way up anyways and it's less hassle.

The only way I'd buy an older statue now is like you said, in person and where I can review it before buying it.

The good news is I initiated the return and he has to eat it. The bad news is I now have to sit and pack and clean this up.

Ah well, lesson learned.
yep....the seller has to eat that up....no choice there....thats why i stopped selling on ebay a while back after i got rid of most in my collection that i dont want or appreciated....now i only sell using offer up and pickup in person only....takes way longer to sell but i am done selling on ebay....the higher the value the bigger the hassle and headache to the seller....in the years i sold on ebay i only had to do 2 partial refunds....one was for a statue that arrived broken....now if offer up doesnt sell i just go the old skool way and just sell it at a garage sale on a saturday or sunday...i cant even imagine why anyone would still consider selling statues or high value fragile collectibles on ebay now.
Old 08-05-2021, 08:53 PM   #1287
Shinobu Sensui

The funny thing is he accepts the return and then he messages me telling me that he didn't and he's going to dispute it.

It looks like I might end up getting a refund and the statue if this persists.

*shrugs*

Also I do sympathize with the sellers to some extent. I would never sell expensive electronics on there (outside of some rare exceptions). I haven't had any problems but it causes too much worry. There are always people looking for a quick scam.

On the other hand, one thing I've seen buyers do is offer partial refunds on things you send back in perfect condition. That habit annoys me, although eBay tends to refund the rest.

Statues take up a lot of space so I think being picky and buying new ones is the way to go if I do so in the future.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:12 PM   #1288
thecollector80

Quote:
The funny thing is he accepts the return and then he messages me telling me that he didn't and he's going to dispute it.

It looks like I might end up getting a refund and the statue if this persists.

*shrugs*

Also I do sympathize with the sellers to some extent. I would never sell expensive electronics on there (outside of some rare exceptions). I haven't had any problems but it causes too much worry. There are always people looking for a quick scam.

On the other hand, one thing I've seen buyers do is offer partial refunds on things you send back in perfect condition. That habit annoys me, although eBay tends to refund the rest.

Statues take up a lot of space so I think being picky and buying new ones is the way to go if I do so in the future.

well if he cooperates or not it will work out for you because ebay will almost always refund your money.....and depending on how things go you might end up keeping the statue for free.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:41 PM   #1289
Shinobu Sensui

Now this clown is saying he is reporting me for "false claims". I told him that I received a return acceptance (which I did and I have the snapshot). He is saying I'm lying. It's right in my email lol.

He now wants me to "retract my return request" and he'll retract his report for "false claims".

Unbelievable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-08-05 (2).jpg
Views:	24
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	141863   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2021-08-05_214229.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	141864  
Old 08-06-2021, 12:11 AM   #1290
thecollector80

Quote:
Now this clown is saying he is reporting me for "false claims". I told him that I received a return acceptance (which I did and I have the snapshot). He is saying I'm lying. It's right in my email lol.

He now wants me to "retract my return request" and he'll retract his report for "false claims".

Unbelievable.
lol....dont retract anything....ignore him....if he refuses let ebay step in at the due date and for sure they will side with you to the end.